Eagles cut Kendricks **8/29 Update; charged w Insider Trading

Scalamania

Just now, Phire said:

How can you say that? He's competing against guys like Nate Gerry and it appears that Kendricks was cut before he was hurt. He might have made the roster by default based on the garbage depth we have. 

Just go look at what both Falcons and Lions fans have to say about him. He was a one year wonder his rookie season. He's the Rayne Prescott of LB.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nelsen reminds me of a LB we had 10 years ago. Shawn Barber. Good in pass protection. Not tremendous against the run. Will be brought in when we aren't running Nickel? IDK.

Its 2018 being good against the pass >>>>>>>>>> being good against the run

I like Gerry more than most but i don't have much confidence in him. I think Walker is done. He's had more serious injuries than years in the league. Fact is, they need depth. Given the Worrilow injury, I highly doubt the Eagles cut him after that news. This may have been a more serious loss than Howie intended. 

Stupid either way in my book. If you had no intention of him being a Eagle in 2018, surely someone would of offered a 2022 7th Rd pick, box of Skittles, something?

As last year proved with players going down ,you can never have too much depth. Our LB'ing depth after Bradham and Hicks, is atrocious!

If indeed he was released with the assumption that Worrilow was a adequate replacement, that was stupid! I'm calling BS though. Just call it what it is. A player Schwartz didn't want on his Defense, period. Didnt want to deal with, tired of putting in the doghouse, see ya! Whether the tension between Kendrick's and the staff was getting to much, who knows. This is a salary dump/player they no longer wanted in house personality wise. Not on the field.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

As last year proved with players going down ,you can never have too much depth. Our LB'ing depth after Bradham and Hicks, is atrocious!

It's really not. They're not as good as Hicks or Bradham, clearly, but I'm fine with both Joe Walker and Corey Nelsen. Nathan Gerry I'd like to see more of first, and Kamu is more of a ST ace type.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Stupid either way in my book. If you had no intention of him being a Eagle in 2018, surely someone would of offered a 2022 7th Rd pick, box of Skittles, something?

If indeed he was released with the assumption that Worrilow was a adequate replacement, that was stupid! I'm calling BS though. Just call it what it is. A player Schwartz didn't want on his Defense, period. Didnt want to deal with, tired of putting in the doghouse, see ya! Whether the tension between Kendrick's and the staff was getting to much, who knows. This is a salary dump/player they no longer wanted in house personality wise. Not on the field.

There's no way to assume teams were willing to take on his contract. It's a lot of money. He's been on the trade block for years. It would be naive to think Howie just rejected ANY trade offer. You'd think he would have accepted anything. There were probably just no offers. Kendricks doesn't seem like a malcontent. I'm sure he issued his desires but I don't think there was any real problems within the team with him. But who knows. It was a clearly defined move. I just think there's more to this. And itll come out shortly. 

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

Just go look at what both Falcons and Lions fans have to say about him. He was a one year wonder his rookie season. He's the Rayne Prescott of LB.

I'll grant you that and he's still better than Nate Gerry and some of our depth players. I'm not saying he's a great player. I'm saying he's worthy of being on the roster given our depth. The Rayne of LBs should be on our roster.

Bad move and even worse timing. Anyways, we are one injury away from a "Moise Fokou" or an "Akeem Jordan" playing meaningful snaps. I liked Kendricks, he was a good player. Sad to see him leave.

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We just all jump into panic mode so fast

I don't think anyone is panicking. But it's a bit troublesome that we lost two linebackers in the same day when we know we're already thin there. 

I feel like we could have at least used him to move up in the draft 5-6 spots in round 4 or something, but oh well. Maybe we bring in Bowman now. Is Bobby Wagner on the block? I'd take KJ Wright too.

Should have drafted Blair Brown over Pumphrey like I wanted!

3 hours ago, Phire said:

I don't think anyone is panicking. But it's a bit troublesome that we lost two linebackers in the same day when we know we're already thin there. 

Losing Worrilow isn't ideal but there are 8-10 guys on the street that can fill that role. They'll pick up someone to be a depth player.

Kendricks was gone anyway. They signed Nelson on day 1 of free agency and he literally said he signed in Philly for less money because he was told he was going to get a chance to start. Howie identified him early as the LB to go after and went and got him. That gives me confidence he will at least be just as good as Kendricks.

It sucks that they got nothing for Kendricks but the needed to get him off the roster before they had to put him on the field for any OTA and risk injury. The guy helped us win a Super Bowl, so he'll always be a champion, but it was clear it was time for him to go.

48 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I feel like we could have at least used him to move up in the draft 5-6 spots in round 4 or something, but oh well. Maybe we bring in Bowman now. Is Bobby Wagner on the block? I'd take KJ Wright too.

Should have drafted Blair Brown over Pumphrey like I wanted!

They released Kendricks because he was making too much. They are not going to bring in another expensive LB. They don't value that position enough.

Bradham Hicks and Nelson will be the starters. Another depth LB would be useful to pick up, but they have time to find that guy. 

Archived