Fallout 76

Danger

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Why no interest in RDR2? It's got game of the decade hype. My hopes for that game are higher than any game in my adult memory.

It definitely looks awesome, I just will be too busy with BO4 and FO76. I haven't been interested in singleplayer games much lately either.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, Supersuavesky said:

The gameplay shown was from an earlier build. Apparently they didn't optimize everything because they figured people would stay closer to the vault itself during the showcase. 

I love Bethesda, but they haven't earned any benefit of the doubt regarding optimization. Shadow Distance was a DAY0 issue with Fallout4, and they never fixed it. 

On 10/18/2018 at 4:29 PM, animaltested said:

I love Bethesda, but they haven't earned any benefit of the doubt regarding optimization. Shadow Distance was a DAY0 issue with Fallout4, and they never fixed it. 

The game is basically unplayable on console because of how poorly it's optimized. Any time you're near or around Diamond City/Goodneighbor it's likely to crash.

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This is going to be profoundly broken at launch. Hope I'm wrong, would love for it to be fun and relatively bug free.

They say the game is unfinished, I get bug fixes, optimization, multiplayer patches post launch and the beta will fix some of that. 

But we all know how good Bethesda is at fixing their games, the Modders do it for them.

I don't see how at minimum this won't be a glitchy mess that sucks for like the first 2 weeks. 

"Bug free" game. I only know of FO4 and already get how funny that comment is. That game is buggy af and I don't even do MODs. I'm just hoping they learn from this one and the buggy mess it's going to be an say "boy, we better not let FO5 turn into this" lol........... not gonna happen but whatever. I'll still play it whenever it comes out.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's almost as if it'd have been better for them to have more than just a month between the Beta and actual release of the game....

Yeah... pretty much seems like their attitude towards it is "we will need players to find the bugs for us to fix, and there will be a never ending amount, so we may as well launch and just fix as we go"

My excitement has dwindled a lot. Also has to do with how much I'm enjoying Black Ops 4, and Red Dead coming out too

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

My excitement has dwindled a lot. Also has to do with how much I'm enjoying Black Ops 4, and Red Dead coming out too

Yup. RDR2 looks so above and beyond any game I've played before. I'm beyond stoked.

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

The biggest problem with this game in my opinion is that it seems nearly impossible to enjoy without your friends you know and talk to often.

^^This. So the game is immersive and you're meant to enjoy the details of your environment.. storytelling is told through audio logs and terminals and whatnot so you're going to be reading a lot, but at the same time you're going to be carrying on with your squad being social? I am very curious how these facets will work together.

I'm taking a "wait-and-see" approach, so post your thoughts people   :^)

Edited by cddolphin