Fallout 76

Danger

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's nothing wrong with the engine. Modders use the same engine and do absolutely amazing things with it. The problem is what Bethesda does with their engine.

And that's a big part of why Bethesda is keeping their Creation engine; the modders.

They can keep the engine but the fact it's a massive issue why the game has bugs (I'd say it's bethesda more than the engine given their history) they should at the very least take a year or two to just work on the engine and teach whoever fixes bugs for bethesda how to do it because something has been wrong for almost a decade now.

7 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

They can keep the engine but the fact it's a massive issue why the game has bugs (I'd say it's bethesda more than the engine given their history) they should at the very least take a year or two to just work on the engine and teach whoever fixes bugs for bethesda how to do it because something has been wrong for almost a decade now.

Again, modders fix all those bugs in the same Creation engine, using the same Creation engine. There's nothing wrong with it.

Bethesda has a habit of shooting for the moon and trying to be super innovative. Which is awesome. But they fail to do exactly what they set out to do which costs them some super simple things (jumping while running, climbing, etc.). Then they only kinda do half of the new stuff they wanna do and leave bugs all over the place trying to figure it out.

My first FO game was 4. When I caught wind of modders doing a lot of troubleshooting and fixing work, that didn't settle well w/ me at all. It settles less well w/ me now. I'm not sure how this acceptable by anyone's standards. I'm sure the modders don't mind b/c they probably get off by doing it and contributing but it's just very odd to me. But hey, at least it's someone lol. 

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's nothing wrong with the engine. Modders use the same engine and do absolutely amazing things with it. The problem is what Bethesda does with their engine.

And that's a big part of why Bethesda is keeping their Creation engine; the modders.

I'd say it's more what they don't do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

My first FO game was 4. When I caught wind of modders doing a lot of troubleshooting and fixing work, that didn't settle well w/ me at all. It settles less well w/ me now. I'm not sure how this acceptable by anyone's standards. I'm sure the modders don't mind b/c they probably get off by doing it and contributing but it's just very odd to me. But hey, at least it's someone lol. 

Bethesda gives the creation kit to the community as a means to create their own content. It has led to some of the best gameplay ever. It's also the tool through which the many members of the community learned to mod. The community tends to be faster/better at creating and testing the patches, so it makes perfect sense that they'd come out much more quickly. It also makes perfect sense that Bethesda wouldn't use more resources to cover that same ground once it's already covered. They've essentially cultivated their own secondary dev community simply by releasing the kit. Allowing the community to fix bugs and using those patches as "canon" (if you will) is perfectly acceptable in my opinion... it's actually brilliant.

I don't think this game is moddable though, is it? It seems like the real issue is that the game itself is un-fun and a cash grab on microtransactions.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Again, modders fix all those bugs in the same Creation engine, using the same Creation engine. There's nothing wrong with it.

Bethesda has a habit of shooting for the moon and trying to be super innovative. Which is awesome. But they fail to do exactly what they set out to do which costs them some super simple things (jumping while running, climbing, etc.). Then they only kinda do half of the new stuff they wanna do and leave bugs all over the place trying to figure it out.

There's something wrong when you rely on modders to fix your game and FO76 can't be modded until we get private servers who knows when.

Bethesda take advantage of free modders labor and honestly it's kind of disgusting. Like fine they mod the game mods are great, but to rely on them to fix your game/engine is clearly a massive issue.

Bethesda clearly needs to do something to fix the issues they have whether that's tweaking the engine which runs like *** on consoles, or hiring more debuggers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

There's something wrong when you rely on modders to fix your game and FO76 can't be modded until we get private servers who knows when.

Bethesda take advantage of free modders labor and honestly it's kind of disgusting. Like fine they mod the game mods are great, but to rely on them to fix your game/engine is clearly a massive issue.

Bethesda clearly needs to do something to fix the issues they have whether that's tweaking the engine which runs like *** on consoles, or hiring more debuggers.

Yup basically this.

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

I don't have a problem with BGS relying on modders. Like @nagahide13 said, it's genius.

But I agree. They have a ton of issues they need to fix. My only point was none of those issues have anything to do with the game engine.

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't have a problem with BGS relying on modders. Like @nagahide13 said, it's genius.

But I agree. They have a ton of issues they need to fix. My only point was none of those issues have anything to do with the game engine.

Fair but the game engine is still an issue, but I'd rather not beat a dead horse that got texture glitched into the sun somehow.

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I would agree but it seems like they're just doing most of the patch work and not getting paid for it (monetarily). Don't get me wrong, if I played on PC, I'd be all about getting mods and I know I can on PS4, but I just let things play how they are. It's still really fun regardless and I'll buy the next solo release.

There was an uproar about the false advertising they had for the collectors edition of the game.  I guess there was some bag that was supposed to be made of canvas, but it was made out of a cheaper material.  Their response was to give 500 atoms (virtual currency that amounts to $5).  This is couponing and it's a huge slap in the face.  People who bought the collectors edition spent $200 and are your biggest fans.... you false advertise and then give people $5 worth of virtual currency.  I actually view this as a scam to get people to buy more virtual currency since they're going to be able to buy something they actually want for $5.  It's like.... it's virtual currency.... why be greedy with it.  Why not give $100 or $50 worth of it.... how does that impact Bethesda?

My God.  I thought the launch of Star Wars Battlefront 2 was bad, but this is even worse.   I've never seen anything like this and I'm shocked by it, tbh.

Such a garbage company.

I think they have a chance to recover, but I'm super wary. I always kind of held Rockstar and Bethesda up as the big companies that would hold the line against companies like EA in terms of P2P etc. It's now been 7 years since Bethesda has put out a game they should be proud of.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, showtime said:

There was an uproar about the false advertising they had for the collectors edition of the game.  I guess there was some bag that was supposed to be made of canvas, but it was made out of a cheaper material.  Their response was to give 500 atoms (virtual currency that amounts to $5).  This is couponing and it's a huge slap in the face.  People who bought the collectors edition spent $200 and are your biggest fans.... you false advertise and then give people $5 worth of virtual currency.  I actually view this as a scam to get people to buy more virtual currency since they're going to be able to buy something they actually want for $5.  It's like.... it's virtual currency.... why be greedy with it.  Why not give $100 or $50 worth of it.... how does that impact Bethesda?

My God.  I thought the launch of Star Wars Battlefront 2 was bad, but this is even worse.   I've never seen anything like this and I'm shocked by it, tbh.

Such a garbage company.

I heard that a bunch of people are starting a class action lawsuit over it, I hope Bethesda loses millions for it tbh.

8 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I think they have a chance to recover, but I'm super wary. I always kind of held Rockstar and Bethesda up as the big companies that would hold the line against companies like EA in terms of P2P etc. It's now been 7 years since Bethesda has put out a game they should be proud of.

I was going to say, isn't Bethesda a company that is held in pretty high regard?  Well, they used to be.  To me, their reputation is sullied now.  There's nothing they can do about this game because so many people haven't even given it a chance and those who did are going to quit playing.  By the time this game is 'fixed' and in a really good state nobody will be playing it anymore.  It's similar to Star Wars Battlefront 2 in a way.  They really improved that game over time, but nobody was there to play it anymore.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite was the same way.  Not sure if you follow fighting games, but this game had a lot of expectations and ended up being a colossal failure so Capcom straight up just abandoned it.  They never update the game, don't speak about it, it's literally like it doesn't exist.  That's what Bethesda should do with this game.  Just dump it and completely scrap it and put everything towards their next project.

• Like 1