Who is the best pitcher in Baseball?

bigbadbuff23835

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Verlander also deserves a mention. Since he’s joined the Astros last August he’s probably been the best.

If we're assuming the Astros can rub pine tar magic pixie dust on pitchers to jack their spin rate up, so we include Verlander, we should also include Cole.

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If we're assuming the Astros can rub pine tar magic pixie dust on pitchers to jack their spin rate up, so we include Verlander, we should also include Cole.

mission's Scherzer comp on Cole is looking pretty accurate rn tbh

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 10:44 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Sadly i think its Scherzer. Kershaw just doesnt have it anymore 

I mean, maybe we should give Kershaw a couple more starts before saying he doesn't have it anymore? I mean, he did just come off a month long DL stint.

Much as I love Max, I think a strong case can be made for deGrom right now. It's not his fault the Mets can't score.

• 3 weeks later...

This year?  Chris Sale.  His FIP, xFIP, K-BB%, ERA, and all his contact % are all better than Scherzer's.  Will he have his seasonal second half drop off?  We'll see.  But so far he's been better while pitching in the AL East (and AL in general).

• 4 months later...

To me, Chris sale is the toughest pitcher to hit in baseball. 

That arm angle coupled with the hieght and length he has from the left side is unhittable 

Hader has a similar release. Same with bumgarner. The angle of the ball coming to the plate is hard to square up. All three of those guys are so tall. 

Archived