Julian Edelman facing 4 game suspension for PED

49erurtaza

Update: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23898771/julian-edelman-new-england-patriots-mount-vigorous-appeal

As the MMQB reported a few days later, the substance for which Edelman tested positive wasn't one the league's drug testers recognized. That remains one of two key issues at the heart of his appeal.

The other, according to a source, involves a mishandling of the documentation and delivery of Edelman's test results. During the course of the investigation, it was learned that the NFL made mistakes in the manner in which the test results were handled. Edelman is arguing that the mishandling of the evidence is one of the reasons he should be exonerated.

Just take the suspension, PEDelman. You can't fight City Hall.

11 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Update: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23898771/julian-edelman-new-england-patriots-mount-vigorous-appeal

As the MMQB reported a few days later, the substance for which Edelman tested positive wasn't one the league's drug testers recognized. That remains one of two key issues at the heart of his appeal.

The other, according to a source, involves a mishandling of the documentation and delivery of Edelman's test results. During the course of the investigation, it was learned that the NFL made mistakes in the manner in which the test results were handled. Edelman is arguing that the mishandling of the evidence is one of the reasons he should be exonerated.

Just take the suspension, PEDelman. You can't fight City Hall.

Not sure I understand this... the article doesn't clarify either. It's not a banned substance or it's not something that they test for? Either way how does he end up getting suspended...

8 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Not sure I understand this... the article doesn't clarify either. It's not a banned substance or it's not something that they test for? Either way how does he end up getting suspended...

Another poster explained it pretty well earlier in the thread. The test may have identified the banned substance but it may not have come from a drug that the testers have encountered before. It's most likely some kind of advanced Guerrero/TB12 tomato-free homeopathic PED.

48 minutes ago, childofpudding said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Another poster explained it pretty well earlier in the thread. The test may have identified the banned substance but it may not have come from a drug that the testers have encountered before. It's most likely some kind of advanced Guerrero/TB12 tomato-free homeopathic PED.

This Guerrero guy is pretty alright

Although his chances are low, Edelman seems to have an outlier and has a better shot at getting this overturned than in most cases. Still waiting from the NFL to see what it was, or what may have been mishandled..

On 6/8/2018 at 7:34 AM, packerrfan74 said:

Look, you can point the finger at ESPN and blame them if it will make you feel better because its your team.. doesn't bother me. If you don't think there is some fire here, I think you're intentionally choosing to be obtuse. When you add everything together regarding the Butler situation, Tom Bradys comments on loyalty from the organization, unrest with Gronk, BBs reported dissatisfaction in trading away Jimmy G, the Guerrero banishment. And now here you have Bradys buddy throwing Edelman under the bus, probably to make life more difficult for BB. You can try to shake it off and say "LOL ESPN" all day, but I've seen this before. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck. 

"Stay lit, be FREE, be HAPPY" - Gronk to Amendola after signing with Miami

I mean, our fans went "LOL AL JAZEERA" not long ago too.

13 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I mean, our fans went "LOL AL JAZEERA" not long ago too.

Difference is, that was a one off story from a guy who went back on what he said. The Patriots situation is far more unique in that there has been physical evidence on the field that things are a little dicey in New England. The flow of reports that followed this offseason is not a coincidence. 

On 6/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, JBURGE25 said:

I think it just is evidence of a drug, like a boost in certain things in his system.

It's like if they had a test for Mountain Dew, all Mountain Dew is banned and they can test Code Red, Regular, LiveWire, even the Pitch Black...they see all the effects of that much sugar, etc does to you. So Edelman tested as if he drank Mountain Dew, but it's not any of the known flavors that they test for.

But surprise years later they find out what Baja Blast is, they didn't go to taco bell (outside the country) so they had no idea there was this new flavor, and sure enough thats what Edelman drank. 

SO it's like, yes Baja Blast isn't strictly banned. But it's a Mountain Dew...and they are all forbidden and you should know better if you're trying to play dumb. 

Testers are always behind on this stuff, they didn't know what hgh was either for awhile, just like everything else

20 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
On 6/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, JBURGE25 said:

I think it just is evidence of a drug, like a boost in certain things in his system.

It's like if they had a test for Mountain Dew, all Mountain Dew is banned and they can test Code Red, Regular, LiveWire, even the Pitch Black...they see all the effects of that much sugar, etc does to you. So he tested as if he drank Mountain Dew, but it's not any of the known flavors. But surprise years later they find out what Baja Blast is, they didn't go to taco bell (outside the country) so they had no idea there was this new flavor, and sure enough thats what Edelman drank.

SO it's like, yes Baja Blast isn't banned. But it's a Mountain Dew...and they are all forbidden and you should know better if you're trying to play dumb. 

Testers are always behind on this stuff, they didn't know what hgh was either for awhile, just like everything else

For anyone who is confused I would not recommend reading this post 

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

For anyone who is confused I would not recommend reading this post 

On the contrary. Most people don't understand how drug testing works, but the layperson more likely than not knows about Mountain Dews.

Ruskie gets it

Archived