The Travel Thread

20 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i have been to rome, venice, and barcelona

Venice is kinda neat. but not much do do there

Rome has cool attractions. but long lines and tons of people

I would pick Barcelona 

Great beaches, and a totally safe place to enjoy the night life

Thanks. Think ima do London for the Raider game and also traced my ancestors to London back in the 1700’s which is kinda cool. 

Barcelona I’m not sure about safe, heard it is the pick pocket capital of the world. 

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How would you guys rate Hawaii compared to other trips? I never really wanted to do it cause it’s really overdone but seems beautiful and relaxing. 

To me. Hawaii is fairly overrated. I went 3 times so far.

Oahu is overpopulated, Maui is boring, and on the Big Island, you could do a Blue Hawaiian helicopter ride (which is admittedly awesome) but theres not much else.

It doesnt have anything that Florida doesnt IMO execpt if you want to fly over a volcano and see lava, which is cool. Hononuma Bay is pretty cool for snorkeling, but there are so many people there, and ive done snorkeling better other places

Maybe Kuwaii or the other small island is better. I heard it's less touristy.

If you go to Oahu,  Maki Pu beach has some pretty big waves. Wikiki is totally flat. 

I dont know. Its just not worth the long flight for me.

Edited by Malfatron

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

How would you guys rate Hawaii compared to other trips? I never really wanted to do it cause it’s really overdone but seems beautiful and relaxing. 

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

To me. Hawaii is fairly overrated. I went 3 times so far.

Oahu is overpopulated, Maui is boring, and on the Big Island, you could do a Blue Hawaiian helicopter ride (which is admittedly awesome) but theres not much else.

It doesnt have anything that Florida doesnt IMO execpt if you want to fly over a volcano and see lava, which is cool. Hononuma Bay is pretty cool for snorkeling, but there are so many people there, and ive done snorkeling better other places

Maybe Kuwaii or the other small island is better. I heard it's less touristy.

If you go to Oahu,  Maki Pu beach has some pretty big waves. Wikiki is totally flat. 

I dont know. Its just not worth the long flight for me.

I've always wanted to hit Tonga for the south Pacific experience.  It and Samoa are way less visited than Hawaii, and they're in a similar area of the world with awesome fishing and seemingly friendlier locals.  Unfortunately, it costs a ton to fly down there.

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

You might be doing it wrong

Kauai is the best island of the bunch. Its not over-developed at all and there's tons to do from the Kalalau trail to the Waimea Canyon, to barking sands beach
The North Shore of Kauai is stupendous. The pic below is the NaPali coast on Kauai which you reach via the spectacular Kalalau Trail
The 2nd pic is Waimea Canyon, called the " Grand Canyon of the Pacific"

And if you really wanna get off the beaten path, go to Molokai Island. Its the least visited island and has amazing beauty including Halawa canyon and the 2000 ft cliffs at Kalaupapa. When we arrived in Molokai, we went to the beach to watch sunset.
Not another human in sight for 3 miles, had the place to ourselves

Kauai-Na-Pali-Coast-Best-Way-To-See.jpg

Waipoo-Falls-Waimea-Canyon.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/1/2019 at 12:17 PM, Malfatron said:

hmmm...i heard that too before i went, but i didnt have a problem

Same and in the grand scheme of things I wouldn’t call pick pockets “unsafe” 

Like try going to Central / South America that can actually be sketchy 

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

the fires closed Yosemite, so I missed it.

sorry to hear - And sometimes the smoke obscures all the views.
We were there a couple years back and even though the Park was open, coudn't see anything
still worth the effort though, its spectacular

book_600_12318727HighRes.png

• Like 1