Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

On 7/29/2018 at 11:14 AM, champ11 said:

I'd say Capela got unlucky. Great deal for the team 

How?  The market has pretty much dried up at this point.  Sacramento was the only team with meaningful amount of cap space, and they already have a glut of big men.  It was either come to a mutual agreement with Houston or take the risk and accept the QO and try out UFA next year.  And given what happened with Nerlens Noel, it's probably the best bet.

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How?  The market has pretty much dried up at this point.  Sacramento was the only team with meaningful amount of cap space, and they already have a glut of big men.  It was either come to a mutual agreement with Houston or take the risk and accept the QO and try out UFA next year.  And given what happened with Nerlens Noel, it's probably the best bet.

To me it's a contract significantly below his value. Steven Adams makes 25m per year, for example. Just an unlucky time for Capela to hit the market and great for Houston. 

22 minutes ago, champ11 said:

To me it's a contract significantly below his value. Steven Adams makes 25m per year, for example. Just an unlucky time for Capela to hit the market and great for Houston. 

Perhaps Adams is being paid above his value. 

33 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lebron James is probably the most charitable athlete of all time and yet one of the most "hated". Such a backwards world we live in.

"He started a charitable school to help at-risk children."

"Yeah, but he flops."

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lebron James is probably the most charitable athlete of all time and yet one of the most "hated". Such a backwards world we live in.

LeBron is hated on the basis of basketball related persona and quite frankly its well deserved.

2nd thing is that for people who are 'haters,' humanitarian work doesnt move the needle for them. Lets be real if these people were to value stuff like that, they would realize they actually lack worth. I mean if haters werent from the lowest rungs of humanity, they wouldnt need to try to bring others down to their level.

It's kind of crazy , but I think Lebron legitimately might be a better person than he is a basketball player. 

I think hes done the best job ever by an athlete using their platform to legitimately do great things. I definitely didnt like Lebron after the Decision but since the Decision 2.0 Ive found out how much humanitarian work he does. 

F it, Im on the Lebron for President in 2024 train.

Rockets and Heat have been talking about a Tyler Johnson for Ryan Anderson and a 2019 1st.

Not sure why the heat would do that. I guess the money is the same and the heat are out of draft picks. 

Makes a lot of sense for the Rockets. 

also heard the Rockets would offering the same package for Nic Batum, COurtney Lee, Demarre Carrol, JR Smith and Kent Bazemore. It would be amazing if someone actually bites on this. 

18 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Rockets and Heat have been talking about a Tyler Johnson for Ryan Anderson and a 2019 1st.

Not sure why the heat would do that. I guess the money is the same and the heat are out of draft picks. 

Makes a lot of sense for the Rockets. 

also heard the Rockets would offering the same package for Nic Batum, COurtney Lee, Demarre Carrol, JR Smith and Kent Bazemore. It would be amazing if someone actually bites on this. 

Any of those 3 would be amazing gets for Houston.

Archived