Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Capela’s deal is actually 5 years 80 million with 2 million worth of incentives each year. 

1 million if we make the WCF

500k If he has a defensive rebound rate of 30%

500k if he hits 65% from free throw. 

If our season goes south, Capela will only make 13 million next year. 

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

The hate for Melo is crazy.  Boy I cant to see him prove yall wrong this season.

Again, and hopefully for the last time, nobody HATES Melo. We're simply telling you he's a ****ty basketball player and you all refuse to believe it because of something that happened between two all-world players. It's pure ignorance on your end lol. Take off the homer shades and see what everyone else sees. Carmelo Anthony is nothing more than a name at this point and an egotistical old player who thinks he's still in his prime. If you think this will work out well, I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

11 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

The hate for Melo is crazy.  Boy I cant to see him prove yall wrong this season.

No one hates Melo dude. He's just freaking awful.

His last two years in New York he shot a line of 43/34/82, thats not good. Last year in OKC it dropped even further to 40/35/77.

His USG% only dropped to 23 which is still pretty high for a guy as inefficient as he is, his AST% dropped to 6, TS% dropped to 50, BPM was -3.8. The dude is BAD. He's old, lost all resemblance of athleticism, his shot is declining because he can't create space and he REFUSES to accept that he's declined significantly as a player.

Over 60% of his shots were from deeper than 16ft and he hit about 36% of them. He doesn't attack the rim anymore, he shoots a ton of mid range jumpers and 3s and doesn't hit them at a high clip. His defense is garbage, he doesn't pass the ball. I don't know what else to tell you. Carmelo is a bad player to add to a competitive team because he WONT accept that he's the 4th or 5th best player on the Rockets, he thinks he's the 1st or 2nd and I can guarantee that.

Lets not even mention the fact that he was HORRIBLE come playoff time. Borderline unplayable.

17 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

No one hates Melo dude. He's just freaking awful.

His last two years in New York he shot a line of 43/34/82, thats not good. Last year in OKC it dropped even further to 40/35/77.

His USG% only dropped to 23 which is still pretty high for a guy as inefficient as he is, his AST% dropped to 6, TS% dropped to 50, BPM was -3.8. The dude is BAD. He's old, lost all resemblance of athleticism, his shot is declining because he can't create space and he REFUSES to accept that he's declined significantly as a player.

Over 60% of his shots were from deeper than 16ft and he hit about 36% of them. He doesn't attack the rim anymore, he shoots a ton of mid range jumpers and 3s and doesn't hit them at a high clip. His defense is garbage, he doesn't pass the ball. I don't know what else to tell you. Carmelo is a bad player to add to a competitive team because he WONT accept that he's the 4th or 5th best player on the Rockets, he thinks he's the 1st or 2nd and I can guarantee that.

Lets not even mention the fact that he was HORRIBLE come playoff time. Borderline unplayable.

What I don’t get is that how are Houston gonna use him better? Like what can they do. Their offense is already iso heavy. Is he just gonna be a spot up shooter?

Archived