Survivor: WINNER ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 458

MacReady

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No.  The players playing that portion will send me a group of ten questions.  Each group of ten will count as one minute.  They have to make a guess at the end of each group of ten questions though, so I will add that.  Thank you. 

Example:
10 Questions
1 (or more) guesses. 

2 minutes.

10 questions
1 (or more) guesses

2 minutes (4 minutes total). 

The challenge says the player must ask 20 questions at a time. I think that's the part that's unclear. 

Just now, Whicker said:

So the sixth player sits out and does the tiebreaker if needed, correct? 

Incorrect, but my mistake.  I had a note in the challenge to add a player to Running Blind Light depending on the number of players sitting out.  There will be THREE players playing Running Blind.  One Leader, two players blindfolded, but not chained together.  There will be one correct answer for each of the players the Leader is guiding to the keys.  Will edit this now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Whicker said:

The challenge says the player must ask 20 questions at a time. I think that's the part that's unclear. 

Fixed this as well.  Originally wanted to do 20 questions at a time, but thought that was excessive. 

• Like 1

Locks and Keys

This immunity challenge has multiple steps and a role for each player.  Roles will be selected by the tribes.  You can discuss which players should be assigned which roles, but you CANNOT discuss the challenge itself.  This includes strategy.  

On the Challenge Island, each tribe has 5 chests they need to open.  Before they can open those chests, they need to find the keys.  The first tribe to open all their chests will reveal their tribe’s flag, making them safe.  The last tribe to finish will have to go to Tribal Council, where they will be forced to vote out one of their own.  

Each chest will take a certain amount of “MINUTES” to complete.  Minutes are determined by GUESSES/ATTEMPTS.  If at the end of the challenge there is a tie in MINUTES, the tiebreaker will be one final chest, Locks and Keys, but with a twist. 

Once the roles have been selected and private messages have been sent, there is NO HELP and NO COMMUNICATION allowed between ANY castaways regarding the challenge. 

Be sure to match your tribe’s players to the challenge that suits them best.  Some who take a little longer between moves will be better off with Lock and Key.  Pick someone who knows movies and actors to do the Separation one and so on.  

First Chest (One Player Per Tribe): Keychain Challenge

The first castaway is given the key right away.  They just have to open their portion of the chest.  Unfortunately, their key is given to them on a keychain with 9 other keys on it.  This castaway must choose which order he wants to try the keys in.  1-10?  10-1?  1, 4, 5, 7, 9…?  The order is completely up to them.  After I receive an order, I will randomize that player’s key number in Chatty.  

Second Chest (One Player Per Tribe): Dig

One single player will be responsible for finding the second key, which is buried in a small area outlined on the beach.  In order to find the buried treasure, the person looking for it will have to ask questions.  The player MUST ask me ten questions at a time.  The possible answers will be:
Yes.
No.  
Mostly.
Rarely.
I don’t know.

It’s basically 20 questions, but ten questions at a time.  You will be guessing a person, place or thing.  I understand that it will be tough to form 10 questions without first establishing whether it is a person, place or thing, but this ten question at a time limit is for time constraints, and every player performing this part of the challenge will have the same problem.  It’s your job to circumvent the rules to your advantage.  You cannot do something like, “If it is a person, is it…, but if it is a thing, is it…”  

Each group of 10 questions counts as one minute.  You must make at least one guess for each group of ten questions.  You will give me ten questions, and then I will answer those ten questions.  After I answer them, you will have to make at least one guess.  Each guess counts as one minute.  Each Tribe has its own person, place or thing they are trying to figure out.  The player going after this key cannot receive help from anyone else on their tribe, so to avoid temptation, this challenge will all take part via PM until there are results.  

Third Chest (One Player Per Tribe): Knothing to Worry About

In another portion of the beach is a knot.  Castaways must untie this knot.  Or pretend to untie a knot.  In reality, one player from each tribe must solve a Six Degrees of Separation puzzle.  I will provide the name of two actors or actresses.  The player must connect the two actors or actresses together using other actors or actresses, but there’s a catch!  Each link MUST share a line with any actor or actress used.  For example, the two names are Michael Cera and Arnold Scwarzneggar.  Arnold spoke to Carl Weathers in Predator.  Carl Weathers played himself in Arrested Development, which Michael Cera was in.  I don’t remember if Carl Weathers spoke a line to Michael Cera.  If he didn’t, you’d have to use another actor from Arrested Development.    Can only use actors or actresses, cannot use directors, producers, writers, etc.  Each link counts as a minute.  You may use ONLY your MIND and MOVIE KNOWLEDGE for this portion.  There are ways for me to find out if you cheated.

Fourth Chest (Three Players Per Tribe): Running Blind Light

For the final chest, three players must replay the first Immunity Challenge, except this time on a smaller scale, and they are not chained together, just blindfolded.  One player from each tribe must guide the other two players from the same tribe to the key.  I will give the guider a football player and an actor/actress.  They have to guide the guesser to the correct football player and actor/actress using ONLY one word clues.  Blindfolded players will not know if they have the football player or the actor/actress.  Cannot include first names or last names.  Cannot include numbers.  Cannot edit posts.  Cannot include initials, cannot include poorly capitalized words.  The words must be commonly used words, places, nouns, etc.  Each one word clue counts as a minute, each guess counts as a minute. 

Tribes have until 11 PM tonight to strategize.  The Challenge will go LIVE at around 11 PM tonight.  There is no time element as far as ties for this game.  Any and all questions must be asked before 11 PM tonight, and I will do my best to answer them. 

16 minutes ago, MathMan said:

........commonly used, isnt that relative?

i feel if theres potential to use reverse induction to justify ur choice a la indyana

"oh look it actually is a word!! and it does have uses that i didn't know about before!!"

then you're in the wrong

• Like 1

Just now, Shady Slim said:

i feel if theres potential to use reverse induction to justify ur choice a la indyana

"oh look it actually is a word!! and it does have uses that i didn't know about before!!"

then you're in the wrong

gotcha.

so if the word was an uncommon word, but still recognized as a word....like "vilification", it would be fine