2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

10 hours ago, The411 said:

I only like Rosen in this draft in the first round and even with him you have to worry about his durability. He’s light years ahead in terms of mechanics in comparison to Darnold. 

The rest .... poor

That's an incredibly unrealistic approach to take.  Most college QBs coming out are behind the developmental curve.  That's why they're going to be working with QB coaches to revamp that.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

My favorite takes every year are how there the best QB prospect deserves to go in the 2nd round and everyone else are 4th+ rounders.

Is there a way to make money off this. Because I have so many internet victory points accrued from challenging people who say QBs aren't going to go in the first round.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Is there a way to make money off this. Because I have so many internet victory points accrued from challenging people who say QBs aren't going to go in the first round.

I was listening to the Draft Breakdown podcast two draft seasons ago when Goff and Went were coming out and they swore neither of them were worthy of 1st round picks. They even brought in Emory Hunt who went so far as to call Went a 4th rounder.

So many people don't know how to evaluate QBs.

44 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A lot of his ills can be corrected with the right higher level coaching, the same can pretty much be said for any QB in this draft

That's not necessarily the case.  He's not very developed as a passer.  He's gotten better in this area, but you can still see that his first instincts when he feels pressure is to take off and run.  Honestly, that's where his ability to hurt defenses with his legs really comes back to haunt him.

13 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

So many people don't know how to evaluate QBs.

To be fair, there's a huge difference between what they should be evaluated as and where they'll go.  You'll have to accept more flaws with QB prospects than you would with a non-QB prospect.  Positional value plays a HUGE role into the draft selection.  I mean, does anyone truly believe that Patrick Mahomes was one of the top 10 prospects in last year's draft?

Have to give Lamar Jackson for not quitting on his team, and playing in this bowl game against the Bulldogs. Has enough self-awareness to realize he had help along the way to make him a future pro QB. Also kudos to the Ohio State defensive lineman who had a great Cotton Bowl, then declared for the draft. That's how you do it. 

Archived