2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm aware of that. But it's not like the Browns have to trade back. It's one thing to trade back without getting a significant amount in return if there's no prospect Dorsey loves at that spot, but I wouldn't trade back just for the sake of trading back. Barkley could potentially spark some trade interest. Maybe even Mayfield could if there's a QB-needy team who's feeling desperate.

That's the problem.  The market probably doesn't generate itself for Barkley.  You can probably get a reduced value back, and get good production out of them later in the draft.  There just isn't a player whose going to bring back a haul.

Just now, CWood21 said:

That's the problem.  The market probably doesn't generate itself for Barkley.  You can probably get a reduced value back, and get good production out of them later in the draft.  There just isn't a player whose going to bring back a haul.

Then like I said, I'd be perfectly content with keeping the pick and going with Barkley or Fitzpatrick. It's not like the Browns are in dire need for draft picks as they already have plenty.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

There has to be a market in order to demand that haul.  If they're not picking in the top 3, what player is generating that market?  You'd have to assume that QBs are going Cleveland at 1 and the Giants at 2.  Bradley Chubb likely goes 3 to Indianapolis.  So which player generates that level of interest?

How do you know Indy doesn't want to trade out?

5 hours ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

How do you know Indy doesn't want to trade out?

It will likely be the doctor's call, if the doctors say Luck will be as good as new next season, then a trade out is possible, but if the doctors say, Luck will never return to his previous form, then Indy will likely draft another QB and isn't very likely to trade back.

Since, we have zero access to any doctor's reports, we will just have to wait on what Indy will do in the draft???

Cleveland will trade out of #1 after learning neither QB wants to play for them, to save face they will take Mayfield/Allen at #4. That way they look like they still got their guy and also managed to trade down. If Rosen or Darnold are serious about not playing for the Browns they could return to school and the Browns would be left with the same options they'd have at #4 if they trade out.

27 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Cleveland will trade out of #1 after learning neither QB wants to play for them, to save face they will take Mayfield/Allen at #4. That way they look like they still got their guy and also managed to trade down. If Rosen or Darnold are serious about not playing for the Browns they could return to school and the Browns would be left with the same options they'd have at #4 if they trade out.

I agree. One of Mayfield/Jackson/Allen will be a Brown at 4.

5 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Even if it is confirmed that neither Darnold or Rosen will sign, why would they trade out? They have an elite defensive end prospect in Bradley Chubb staring them in the face. Take Chubb and then draft Mayfield.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Even if it is confirmed that neither Darnold or Rosen will sign, why would they trade out? They have an elite defensive end prospect in Bradley Chubb staring them in the face. Take Chubb and then draft Mayfield.

I don't know that they need Chubb, do they? I thought their defensive front was the best part of their team. Browns fans can answer that better than I can, but for some reason I thought that they were good along the defensive line. 

19 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know that they need Chubb, do they? I thought their defensive front was the best part of their team. Browns fans can answer that better than I can, but for some reason I thought that they were good along the defensive line. 

They obviously have Garrett, but Emmanuel Ogbah was the 1st pick of the 2nd round in 2015 and was playing at a pretty high level (1st in the NFL in tackles at or behind the LOS) before he had an injury. Their Front 7 is very legitimate, but obviously their offense is horrendous and their secondary is BAD, aside from McCourty who is playing well and Peppers who is playing a single angel high safety 20+ yards off of the LOS.

Shelton, Ogunjobi, and Brantley all look like very good future DT as well.

I guess if you draft Chubb then you have a GREAT rotation of DE's and a nice Nascar package with Chubb, Garrett, and Ogbah...but I feel like that would be a bit of an overreach.

On 12/22/2017 at 2:44 PM, Rich7sena said:

Hopefully teams won't make this mistake. Wentz and Allen aren't close to being the same type of player. Wentz was far more confidence in his accuracy and much more coordinated an athlete. To me, it's hard to parse Allen and Lynch as prospects. The difference for me was Lynch had a signature game against Auburn. Allen has nothing.

I agree completely. My comment was more to the fact that, like Lynch, there are numerous NFL personnel people who see every a game like that, with his 'tools' and think that they can "coach him up." As long as they fit the prototype. Wentz actually hitting is the confirmation bias they need to validate their thoughts that it'll work.

42 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Little note from Dede on Baker:

DSE4Bo3U8AA_M8Z.jpg:large

The Browns can get a haul if they play their cards right. Trade #1 to Denver for #6 and 2019 1st. Draft Mayfield at 4 or 6 and have 2 more 1st next year. They just can't waste picks by drafting garbage like Kizer.

Archived