2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Does anyone truly believe he's returning for another year at USC?

I'm actually really torn on it. I've been about 60/40 all year that he was coming out, and I'm probably right around that same space right now. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm actually really torn on it. I've been about 60/40 all year that he was coming out, and I'm probably right around that same space right now. 

There's legitimately no reason for him to return to USC.  Brian Brohm is legitimately the only QB prospect I remember in recent years who was projected to be a top 5 pick, and returned to college for another year.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's legitimately no reason for him to return to USC.  Brian Brohm is legitimately the only QB prospect I remember in recent years who was projected to be a top 5 pick, and returned to college for another year.

Andrew Luck? He would have been the top pick to the Panthers in 2011 had he decided to come out. 

Though I would agree that there's no reason....just a lot of rumors. That he loves USC, the rumor he may not want to be drafted by Cleveland (though he did a good job of making that seem like a non-issue, doesn't necessarily mean it's true), etc etc etc. Plus there's just my own bias...like, I look at him and for whatever reason, I see a guy that would actually be one of the few to do that. No idea why. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Andrew Luck? He would have been the top pick to the Panthers in 2011 had he decided to come out. 

Though I would agree that there's no reason....just a lot of rumors. That he loves USC, the rumor he may not want to be drafted by Cleveland (though he did a good job of making that seem like a non-issue, doesn't necessarily mean it's true), etc etc etc. Plus there's just my own bias...like, I look at him and for whatever reason, I see a guy that would actually be one of the few to do that. No idea why. 

Maybe.  I honestly don't remember discussing Andrew Luck to the Panthers.  Really was only his first season of high level of play.  I remember it being a mediocre QB class, so it might have been the case.

I just think if he were returning to USC, he would have announced it already to dispel the rumors that would allow him and his team to focus on their upcoming game against Ohio State.  Instead, he's kept his mouth shut and the other day he said he'd be willing to play for any team that wanted him.  I just don't see any reason why he'd be putting off announcing he was returning.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe.  I honestly don't remember discussing Andrew Luck to the Panthers.  Really was only his first season of high level of play.  I remember it being a mediocre QB class, so it might have been the case.

I just think if he were returning to USC, he would have announced it already to dispel the rumors that would allow him and his team to focus on their upcoming game against Ohio State.  Instead, he's kept his mouth shut and the other day he said he'd be willing to play for any team that wanted him.  I just don't see any reason why he'd be putting off announcing he was returning.

Andrew Luck would've gone #1 without question. Barkley might've even gone top 10 had he come out after his junior year.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Luck was repeatedly asked about it because there were two anonymous executives in the front office that said Luck was going to be their pick no matter what. Then he went back to school. 

On 12/26/2017 at 7:59 AM, MWil23 said:

They obviously have Garrett, but Emmanuel Ogbah was the 1st pick of the 2nd round in 2015 and was playing at a pretty high level (1st in the NFL in tackles at or behind the LOS) before he had an injury. Their Front 7 is very legitimate, but obviously their offense is horrendous and their secondary is BAD, aside from McCourty who is playing well and Peppers who is playing a single angel high safety 20+ yards off of the LOS.

Shelton, Ogunjobi, and Brantley all look like very good future DT as well.

I guess if you draft Chubb then you have a GREAT rotation of DE's and a nice Nascar package with Chubb, Garrett, and Ogbah...but I feel like that would be a bit of an overreach.

From what I watched, Ogbah seemed to thrive rushing into the B gaps from the 4/5 tech spot. I think his future might be as a rotational 3-tech if the scheme remains a 4-3. I probably like Chubb than most, but a front of Garrett - Ogbah/Brantley - Ogunjobi/Shelton - Chubb is drool-worthy no matter how you look at it. 

Archived