2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

8 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

The GBN is a very respectable draft site and has ranked top 5 in its top 100 on many occasions and their latest 1st round projection, has 7 QB's going in round 1.

Now that may well change after NFL.com starts predicting the draft and Mayock comes out with his projections, but right now, at his stage of the draft process, it looks feasible that an awful lot of QB's could get picked in round 1. I have been predicting around 6 since the start of the draft process and I am pretty good at this having been a draftnik for around 65 years, that's how strong I think the QB position is for the 2018 draft, but they are saying it could be even higher, so it could be a really interesting draft for QB desperate teams???

Except whoever runs the site now got a 26 on The Huddle Report's Mock Draft contest in 2016, one of the lowest scores out there..

Also, Mason Rudolph doubtful to touch the 1st round and there is no way Ryan Finley will. All you have to do is turn the tape on and these things become clear as day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 6:16 AM, Classic said:

What is Josh Allen stock this year? Any chance he could be a franchise QB.

It's really hard to gauge...this year was pretty brutal, but he's super toolsy, and teams love that. I was bigger on him last year than anyone i know, though he was a lock top 3 guy this year. I thought he would get better with more experience, but he basically flatlined this year, which is concerning. A lack of talent and being under pressure as much as he was this year certainly plays a role in it, but it's not everything. His accuracy is still below average, and he still makes crap decisions, and those are the two things that I was hoping that he was get better with. I'd be willing to roll the dice on him in round 2 just for the tools, but I could definitely see a team still grab him in round one. Honestly, could see him be the third quarterback off the board (I think it'll be hard to pass Darnold / Rosen for him). It also wouldn't surprise me if he went in round 3 or 4. He's had a very, very similar trajectory pre-draft to Kizer in my opinion. He's definitely been passed up by some guys. But maybe that's a good thing for him. There's a chance he could be a franchise quarterback, but he's not remotely polished and it's not coming any time soon. I feel like guys like him (toolsy / poor accuracy & judgment) don't usually work out, but I'm certainly not writing him off. I'm still a fan. 

1 minute ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

This is the type of game NFL GMs fall in love with, especially with Wentz doing what he's doing.

Hopefully teams won't make this mistake. Wentz and Allen aren't close to being the same type of player. Wentz was far more confidence in his accuracy and much more coordinated an athlete. To me, it's hard to parse Allen and Lynch as prospects. The difference for me was Lynch had a signature game against Auburn. Allen has nothing.

2 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

my b

people actually think that he's worth more than a 4th?

yikes 

Depends on how much you value pure tools. Based on pure tools, he's certainly one of the best in the class. It could be debated that based on the tools, he has the most upside in the class. The problem is that his floor is basically a more mentally stable Josh Freeman. If you value tools the tools, I have no problem with a team taking him in the second, especially if they have an established starter. If you're the Patriots, why wouldn't you stab at Allen in the second if he's sitting there? He has the upside of a top 5 prospect, and you get to sit him, work with him, etc. Risk is easily worth the reward in a situation like that. 

4 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Wrong

Well come on, not the arm strength. Guy has a cannon when he chooses to use it. Accuracy and pocket presence...ehhhhhhhh, yeah, maybe not so much. Slightly less concerned about the latter as a prospect because it's sometimes hard to gauge a guy that doesn't have any time to throw in that regard. The biggest question just is whether or not he's been wrecked because of it. The accuracy is a major concern - that doesn't tend to suddenly get better. 

Just now, Forge said:

Well come on, not the arm strength. Guy has a cannon when he chooses to use it. Accuracy and pocket presence...ehhhhhhhh, yeah, maybe not so much. Slightly less concerned about the latter as a prospect because it's sometimes hard to gauge a guy that doesn't have any time to throw in that regard. The biggest question just is whether or not he's been wrecked because of it. The accuracy is a major concern - that doesn't tend to suddenly get better. 

I read good accuracy and stopped there. The accuracy alone is a massive red flag. And then you throw in the rest of the mental game and I don't see how he deserves to go anywhere close to day 1. He has all the tools in the world, and has no idea how to correctly use them. He's too much of a project for me to draft him.

Archived