2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

17 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

First instinct is a smaller Marvin Jones Jr. for me.

I like this. He doesn't separate with elite athleticism but instead with route savvy and he has great body control. I think Marvin is a bit more quick twitch however. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

What's the consensus on Courtland Sutton? Surefire WR1 in this draft? He reminds me of Marques Colston.

Alshon Jeffrey with a little more speed. Maybe Vincent Jackson athletically? This is assuming he improves his route running/footwork. I had him ranked similarly/slightly ahead of Mike Williams last year. Was my WR2 after Corey Davis, before he decided to return to SMU. I haven't scouted enough of the other WR's this year to say if he's surefire #1, but I think he's drafted somewhere between pick 20ish (If he runs 4.4) and pick 65ish (If he runs 4.5+).

On 12/5/2017 at 1:03 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Why isn't Deon Cain considered a 1st round prospect? I think he's a superstar NFL receiver.

I really didn't think much of his work on Smallville.   I prefered Tyler Loechner's Superman on Supergirl now. :D

(Hint:  highlight below lol)

yes I'm kidding.   Cain's 3 biggest obstacles are that he's mostly only used for deep routes, so there's a feeling he's a just a lid lifter, his drop rate rises legit flags there, and his size / speed is more in-between - not like Christian Kirk in suddenness/burst, or the boxout, highpoint mismatches that Cobb, Tate & St. Brown provide.  He does have a chance to improve his stock with an explosive BCS and Combine, but I suspect the 3 issues above keep him as a Rd 2-3 guy IMO.   The track record of late with speed-only lid lifters really makes a Rd1 pick iffy.

On 12/5/2017 at 12:03 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Why isn't Deon Cain considered a 1st round prospect? I think he's a superstar NFL receiver.

Because there are receivers better than him I feel.  Cain has been some what disappointing overall in his career.  Has flashes of being really good but is not the best route runner and is not super explosive with the ball in his hands.  Has a lot of potential but has never had a 1000 yard season in a pass happy offense, not even a 900 yard season.  Has shown good flashes this year at times but then comes back to average the next game.  

50 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Because there are receivers better than him I feel.  Cain has been some what disappointing overall in his career.  Has flashes of being really good but is not the best route runner and is not super explosive with the ball in his hands.  Has a lot of potential but has never had a 1000 yard season in a pass happy offense, not even a 900 yard season.  Has shown good flashes this year at times but then comes back to average the next game.  

Yeah the majority of his production does seem to be deep balls. I rarely see him working underneath, but he routinely gets on top of "fast" defensive backs and tracks the ball well down the field. He seems like somewhat of a long strider that glides past guys instead of setting them up with quickness.

Still, he seems like a productive outside receiver that has #1 potential based on his skill set.

On 12/4/2017 at 3:51 PM, ClutchDJ said:

Can I get an analysis on Darren Carrington? I know about his transfer & all.

Hands catcher with a wide catch radius. Long, quick footed guy. Not great deep speed or burst off the line. Tougher than he appears and gets after it blocking. Significant off field red flags. Inflated production.

Reminds me of Rashard Higgins.

Archived