2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

9 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Hands catcher with a wide catch radius. Long, quick footed guy. Not great deep speed or burst off the line. Tougher than he appears and gets after it blocking. Significant off field red flags. Inflated production.

Reminds me of Rashard Higgins.

Inflated production? The guy has played great under multiple QB's, including opening this season on despite having just the summer to work with the team. Carrington has plenty of speed as well and has put-up double-digit 20+ yard catches every single year, even dating back to his freshman year. He has off-field baggage, sure, but on-field he has been superb and really offers great potential as an all-around receiver.

I personally love James Washington's game at the WR position more than anyone else in the draft. He's got a very nice frame, is athletic, aggressive, naturally uses body position to box out defensive backs on throws, is acrobatic in the air, and very fluid. Quarterbacks in the NFL will be confident to throw him occasional/regular 50/50 balls and he's got natural big play ability.

The lack of a route tree may slow him at first, but I have confidence in his ability to pick that up. Even as a rookie he will be able to help out whoever drafts him in the Red Zone from word go. If he slips out of the first round, I think he'll be a steal in the high 2nd...but I could see someone towards the back end of the first pulling the trigger on him.

30 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Any thoughts on Simmie Cobbs Jr, Indiana (6'4, 220)?

I like him personally as a big bodied possession WR and legitimate NFL WR #2 who is also a viable Red Zone threat. I'm not sure that he's going to be your "prototype" guy like a Josh Gordon, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, etc., but I think he should be strongly considered in Round 2.

He carved up OSU's defense early this year and has nice hands and elite size. I'm not sure how fast he is/how fluid due to some lower body injuries that have hampered him.

I haven't been able to watch many games but I've liked everything I've read about him in different reports. Looking at his stat line though, he seems to disappear at times. I think he had like 2 receptions for 20 yards against Georgia Southern but put up 100+ yards against OSU.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I haven't been able to watch many games but I've liked everything I've read about him in different reports. Looking at his stat line though, he seems to disappear at times. I think he had like 2 receptions for 20 yards against Georgia Southern but put up 100+ yards against OSU.

Because they ran the ball all day long and got playing time for depth players because they were up so much.  Cobbs is a beast, trust me.  I'll be very interested to see his 40 time, that will go a long way in determining his stock.  Right now I think he's a solid 2nd rounder.

1 hour ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Watched some video's of Michael Gallup.  He and Deon Cain really the only two standing out to me so far.

I see some guys I like, but no one who I see as being able to dominate out the gate or even before their third season.  And many of the guys I like are being slept on - and they're still more high-end WR2's who can probably pair with other similar such caliber WR's to make a good starting duo.  Auden Tate is one of those guys; I'm not saying he's a 1st rounder because he's not going to break 4.5 on the 40 which should banish him from 1st round consideration, but he has upside people aren't giving him credit for.

I also think that Anthony Miller is going to be pigeonholed as a "slot only" guy, but he has the capacity to be more than that; Marquise Lee feels like a reasonable comp.

29 minutes ago, The LBC said:

he's not going to break 4.5 on the 40 which should banish him from 1st round consideration

Meh, lots of guys run in the 4.5's and go in the first don't they? Especially for a big guy. Benjamin ran a 4.61 and he was fine.

Archived