2018 Draft Eligible WR Thread

CalhounLambeau

14 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Why don't more people compare Christian Kirk to Randall Cobb?

I saw that after weeing his percentile web, or whatever you call it. His numbers were almost identical to Cobb

As a guy who really liked Kirk (and still does), I have to say his Combine did nothing to shed the slot-only label.   Given the fact that teams will question why his production dropped off this year (answer: their QB's were horrific)...guess it's a chance for teams to get great value now.   I'd be shocked if he was a top 5 WR now, with how the DJ's performed, and Ridley/Sutton already ahead of him pre-Combine.

On 3/7/2018 at 5:55 PM, Broncofan said:

As a guy who really liked Kirk (and still does), I have to say his Combine did nothing to shed the slot-only label.   Given the fact that teams will question why his production dropped off this year (answer: their QB's were horrific)...guess it's a chance for teams to get great value now.   I'd be shocked if he was a top 5 WR now, with how the DJ's performed, and Ridley/Sutton already ahead of him pre-Combine.

I still think he will be an early second rounder, simply because there is a real lack of great quality at the position, so it should push up anyone even close to being talented. The WR position got really exposed at the Combine with almost every one of them falling in the rankings.

54 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I still think he will be an early second rounder, simply because there is a real lack of great quality at the position, so it should push up anyone even close to being talented. The WR position got really exposed at the Combine with almost every one of them falling in the rankings.

That's certainly possible - I do think we might see a very low # of 1st round WR's, I think after 2014 teams fell in love with WR, but the draft classes since them have given them pause - it wouldn't shock me if we saw 2-3 WR's only go Rd1....the value tier seems to be more Day 2.   Frankly, 2 wouldn't shock me (well, it might in that from a pure BPA perspective, it's hard to put guys into the top 30, but need drives picks once the elite-ceiling and great ceiling/safe-floor guys go).

47 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

The WR position got really exposed at the Combine with almost every one of them falling in the rankings.

You think every WR hurt their draft stock at the combine? Or did I read that wrong? 

20 hours ago, Jlash said:

You think every WR hurt their draft stock at the combine? Or did I read that wrong? 

Well, Ridley and kirk were the top 2 pre Combine and post Combine only Ridley survived as a 1st rounder, but he went from a possible top 10 pick to somewhere in the mid 20's and by his own admission, he stunk it up at the Combine. Still has his pro day to recover, but it isn't looking good.

kirk fell out of round 1 and a few other potential 1st round WR's failed to impress, so in that sense, the top WR's were extremely unimpressive and nobody stepped up to fill the void.

20 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

a few other potential 1st round WR's failed to impress,

Who? I thought Sutton and St. Brown showed well. I think the DJ's boosted their stocks significantly as well. 

Antonio Callaway might just be the best WR in the draft, but I just checked out some of his interviews on YouTube and yeah, there is something off with this guy. I cannot see him performing well in team interviews at all, and personally, I'd have a tough time trusting him. He just gives off a really bad vibe. Sucks because hes extremley talented. 

This was a comment left by someone on one of the interviews:

"This dudes not all there, you can tell. He has that nutcase look in his eyes and his actions off the field prove such".

Seems like I'm not the only one who sees it lol. 

18 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, Ridley and kirk were the top 2 pre Combine and post Combine only Ridley survived as a 1st rounder, but he went from a possible top 10 pick to somewhere in the mid 20's and by his own admission, he stunk it up at the Combine. Still has his pro day to recover, but it isn't looking good.

kirk fell out of round 1 and a few other potential 1st round WR's failed to impress, so in that sense, the top WR's were extremely unimpressive and nobody stepped up to fill the void.

Did people really think Calvin Ridley was a top 10 pick?  There's no WR prospect in this draft whose a top 10 prospect.

On 3/9/2018 at 4:54 PM, Jlash said:

Who? I thought Sutton and St. Brown showed well. I think the DJ's boosted their stocks significantly as well. 

Sutton and Brown were not first round talents according to Mayock and they did nothing at the Combine to move up a whole lot. The WR corp will have its day in round 2 and 3 and some may prosper at the nex level, while others fall by the wayside.

As for DJ, he was way down the list of WR's when the Combine got underway and moved up significantly as a result, but he didn't really challenge Ridley and Ridley is going mid 20's and IMO, is the only WR who will see round 1.

Brown ran a good time, but he seems frail for his size and it likely will keep him in round 2.

For WR's, you have to remember, 1/10 of a second  equates to 3 feet of separation, so if a WR runs a 4.50 vs a CB who runs a 4.35, that's around 4 feet of separation on a deep pass, a pretty significant # . People look at 4.50 vs 4.55 and say, ah, it isn't all that much different, but when you start counting the feet, it takes on a whole different look.

Watch similcam when they show 3 runners in a 40, running together and you get an idea of how much 3 feet is. Sometimes height and weight can overcome it, sometimes the smarts in route running can also overcome it, but on deep patterns, it's a tough one to overcome.  

43 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

DJ Moore is overrated.

I think he's getting overvalued because of the weak draft. I don't think he's anywhere near the route runner that Chad Johnson was. Plus Chad was a rail coming out of college. DJ Moore is a thick dude that plays like a thick dude. I think DJ Moore is somewhere in the 2nd round range right now and talk of him going in R1 seems like too much for this casual observer. I know he timed very well, but he doesn't play this fast on tape. I do love his RAC ability though. He's a man with the ball in his hands.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think he's getting overvalued because of the weak draft. I don't think he's anywhere near the route runner that Chad Johnson was. Plus Chad was a rail coming out of college. DJ Moore is a thick dude that plays like a thick dude. I think DJ Moore is somewhere in the 2nd round range right now and talk of him going in R1 seems like too much for this casual observer. I know he timed very well, but he doesn't play this fast on tape. I do love his RAC ability though. He's a man with the ball in his hands.

He relies on his athleticism and bulk too much which will be mostly negated in the NFL. Bust waiting to happen because of being drafting in the second round when really there are better receivers available and he should be going in the back end of the third.

Archived