Share Your 53 Man Roster Predictions

Cadmus

7 hours ago, cannondale said:

Would make me pretty nervous to start the season with only 2 RB's if one of them is Montgomery. I know Jones is only gone for 2 games, but Montgomery is averaging about 4 plays per injury

Does it reassure you at all having Ripkowski able to step in if needed? He was decent in 2016 when he had a few series as the "featured" back. 34 carries and averaged 4.4 per.

11 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Pankey I thought looked like our best tackle last Friday as well and didn't hate him there last year either.

well, that would make sense since he played vs. 3rd/4th stringers. And blocking for Kizer, who was getting the ball out alot faster than Hundley. 

6 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

well, that would make sense since he played vs. 3rd/4th stringers. And blocking for Kizer, who was getting the ball out alot faster than Hundley. 

Dude just watch the freaking game.  It's on YouTube.  Instead of doing some absurd ranking of the top backup tackles in the league just watch the game.  

Obviously Murphy was injured at some point, but if you compare his feet to Pankey's it isn't hard to see why Pankey had more success.  Murphy looks like he's doing his kick slide in sand and Pankey looks like one of the better athletes on the OL.

10 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Dude just watch the freaking game.  It's on YouTube.  Instead of doing some absurd ranking of the top backup tackles in the league just watch the game.  

Obviously Murphy was injured at some point, but if you compare his feet to Pankey's it isn't hard to see why Pankey had more success.  Murphy looks like he's doing his kick slide in sand and Pankey looks like one of the better athletes on the OL.

I already watched the game twice, dumbass. We're talking about Spriggs & Pankey, not Murphy. 

when you're implying the GB backups are bad compared to backups around the league, it's not absurd at all to ask you to rank your preferred backups to prove you have a measuring stick that would support that sentiment. otherwise, it's just blind guessing.

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

I already watched the game twice, dumbass. We're talking about Spriggs & Pankey, not Murphy. 

when you're implying the GB backups are bad compared to backups around the league, it's not absurd at all to ask you to rank your preferred backups to prove you have a measuring stick that would support that sentiment. otherwise, it's just blind guessing.

That's such a ******* subjective waste of time.  

This is the same old ****.  They wear green and gold and they were a draft pick therefore they have to be better than everyone else around the league.  

41 minutes ago, Cheech said:

They wear green and gold and they were a draft pick therefore they have to be better than everyone else around the league.  

Said no one on this board. But it's understandable that you need to strawman because you don't have an argument. I never even asked for an objective list. Just your subjective list. But since you couldn't even come up with a handful of names, that makes me doubt you have any sort of perspective or benchmark. 

On 8/27/2018 at 9:01 PM, Norm said:

I'm kinda catching some of the OAK game since I didn't see it then either. Have we really fumbled a return every single game so far lol. Davis is gonna make it not playing

Im sad that this is probably gonna be a reality, either one of our rooks get cut or Kume gets cut, I don't know how you do that. Unless you keep 8 receivers. . .

QB- Rodgers/Hundley

RB-  Williams/Mays/Montgomery

FB- Rip

TE- Graham/Lewis/Kendricks

OL- Bakh/Taylor/Linsley/McCray/Bulaga Spriggs/Patrick/Pankey

WR- Adams/Cobb/Allison/Moore/MVS EQ/Davis

DL- Daniels/Clark/Wilk Lowry/Adams/Looney

OLB- Perry/Matthews/Mack Gilbert/Biegel/Donnerson

ILB- Martinez/Morrison/Burks/Thomas

CB- Tramon/King/Jaire/Jackson/House

S- Haha/Brice/Jones/Whitehead/Evans

P- Scott

K- Crosby

LS- Triner

(Aaron Jones SUSP//Kum and Murph on IR)

((Kizer was included in a trade for Mack with a 2019 1st and 4th round pick))

PS: Greene, Boyle, Yancey, Day, Martini, Odom, Tonyan, amongst others.

n8ghee for GM.

Unless Mays runs like Jim Brown this upcoming game, or becomes a special teams demon, he's not making this roster. 

His career regular season stats(why not):

4 carries, 1 yard, 2 fumbles. 

3 receptions, 0 yards...

Add in he's missed all of training camp/preseason games, he'll be lucky to make the PS. 

7 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

Said no one on this board. But it's understandable that you need to strawman because you don't have an argument. I never even asked for an objective list. Just your subjective list. But since you couldn't even come up with a handful of names, that makes me doubt you have any sort of perspective or benchmark. 

I'll let you doubt.  I'm not going to spend the time.  Last year I saw two UDFA guards fill in at tackle and look better than our current backups.  

If Spriggs can play like he did on the left side vs. the Raiders we might be OK there.  Pankey should be the man on the right side. 

3 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Unless Mays runs like Jim Brown this upcoming game, or becomes a special teams demon, he's not making this roster. 

His career regular season stats(why not):

4 carries, 1 yard, 2 fumbles. 

3 receptions, 0 yards...

Add in he's missed all of training camp/preseason games, he'll be lucky to make the PS. 

Sample size.

Last preseason he looked better running the ball than both Williams and Jones.  It sounded like he struggled with protection so he never really got the snaps, until he did and fumbled.

He has a long way, but I'd think we'll see 3 RB's kept.

8 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Im sad that this is probably gonna be a reality, either one of our rooks get cut or Kume gets cut, I don't know how you do that. Unless you keep 8 receivers. . .

Convert Davis to a new position this week

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

Sample size.

Last preseason he looked better running the ball than both Williams and Jones.  It sounded like he struggled with protection so he never really got the snaps, until he did and fumbled.

He has a long way, but I'd think we'll see 3 RB's kept.

Sample size, I know. Just had to point that out lol. He's flashed some potential, I'll give him that but it's very obvious Mac is a big fan of the trio we have. I think we're gonna roll with Williams, Monty, Rip and Cobb the first 2 weeks until Jones is back. I'm expecting us to stash one of our WRs on IR when we activate Jones and for me that points Mays to the PS. 

Archived