The (Potential) 2020 Draft RB Class

Jeezla

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think any RB goes in the 1st. And I do think CEH on TB is a tremendous fit. 

In my final mock I have:

35 - DET - Jonathan Taylor

37 - LAC - D’Andre Swift

39 - MIA - JK Dobbins

44 - TB - CEH

63 - KC - Cam Akers

86 - BUF - Zack Moss

You think Akers can catch well enough for KC?

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Well talking to Chief fans, whatever RB they get won’t play much first year anyways. And Akers is the exact type of RB they love. He can certainly improve on his catching with those coaches. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well talking to Chief fans, whatever RB they get won’t play much first year anyways. And Akers is the exact type of RB they love. He can certainly improve on his catching with those coaches. 

He’ll get plenty of run, Chiefs are a committee running the ball. 

It’s all about the pass blocking ability with Reid, if they can’t do it they won’t play very much.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I 100% take Moss at 63, especially with Swift, Dobbins, and CEH gone.

3 hours ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Their interior OL was absolutely huge and extremely slow-footed (6-6, 6-7, 6-7, 6-4, 6-7) and that line as a unit simply couldn't run block worth a crap. Replacing those guys with 3 future NFL OL in Jackson, Myers, and Davis made a huge difference.

I don't think Dobbins is some can't miss RB prospect, but I don't think him having a "down" year in 2018 says much when it's sandwiched in between a 2,000 yard final season and running for 7.3 YPC and 1,400 as a true frosh. The holes simply weren't there in 2018. Mike Weber lost about 0.7 YPC behind that line too.

What you fail to mention/notice is in his freshman and junior years he had running QBs that ran a lot of read option. When Dobbins didn’t have that threat he struggled.

As for the lack of a great OL, a guy like Taylor had a 2,000 yard season behind a very pedestrian OL in his final year that included two new OGs, a new RT and a C that everyone says had a bad/down year.

The lack of production behind a pedestrian OL and a non read option QB should put him down the list because there are. Lot of pedestrian OLs in the NFL and no team runs the read option.

Edited by badgers0821

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

To me he’s 75% Marshawn Lynch and 25% Josh Jacobs. 

He cuts super, super quick like Lynch and just bounces off defenders like it’s a video game. It’s not that he’s overly strong, his body type/shiftiness just bounces off of them, just like Lynch. 

As for Jacobs, Jacobs vision was A+ going into the draft. Possibly the best vision since Elliott. Moss also has really great vision. And he plays physical like Jacobs as well. Not as physical, definitely not, but physical. Moss is a dog. 

His measurements and times are also almost identical to Josh Jacobs. 

So Moss should be a top 15 pick?

13 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

So Moss should be a top 15 pick?

I hate this logic with comparisons. You are not comparing the player, you are comparing the skillsets. 

Jeudy is sometimes comped to Rice, should he be the #1 pick in the draft?

Lamb is compared to Hopkins, should he be a Top 5 pick?

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I hate this logic with comparisons. You are not comparing the player, you are comparing the skillsets. 

Jeudy is sometimes comped to Rice, should he be the #1 pick in the draft?

Lamb is compared to Hopkins, should he be a Top 5 pick?

I’m not saying other people’s comparisons, I’m taking about yours. Based on your comparison why shouldn’t Moss be a 1st rounder?

This is the problem with the laypersons analysis, every player is a “beast” and compares to some HOF/future HOF, which is just ridiculous. It shows a true lack of reasonable understanding and unbiased analysis. 

2 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

I’m not saying other people’s comparisons, I’m taking about yours. Based on your comparison why shouldn’t Moss be a 1st rounder?

This is the problem with the laypersons analysis, every player is a “beast” and compares to some HOF/future HOF, which is just ridiculous. It shows a true lack of reasonable understanding and unbiased analysis. 

How about you not generalize and try to impute positions to BayRaider that aren't his?

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How about you not generalize and try to impute positions to BayRaider that aren't his?

I referenced exactly what he said Zach Moss is 75% Lynch 25% Jacobs, both were 1st round picks which one could infer he would think Moss is a 1st round pick. 

Peanut gallery, awesome.

11 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Are you trying to make an argument that isn't being made?  They're talking about skillsets.  Not where they were drafted.