Bloodshed Mafia CIVS WIN!!!

Slappy Mc

The dust has settled, night has brought day and it is time to figure out what fate shall bestow the town.

Day 1 Has Begun.

As day approached citizens of this small town awoke and started to exit their homes. Each one of them opening their door to an unexpected letter on their porch. The Mayor has gave his town a message from the grave. Good luck to all the competitors.

Day 1 is officially upon us.

Night 1 will be Saturday 6/23 at 6pm Pacific Standard Time (9pm Est)

[[MAFIA META-POST OUTSIDE OF THE GAME]]

For future reference, we probably should establish modified sign up guidelines for something like:

"To sign up, you must do the following (saying you want to play in this thread is NOT enough):

• Send me a PM with the following title:
    [name of mafia game] : [your name]
  • I will award the spots based on the first N PMs I receive. If I receive more than N, I will ask if you would consider being a backup.
  • If you do not send me a PM with the above pattern, you have NOT entered successfully.
  • Reason for PMs: I need to establish the PM conversations so I can send out all the roles in one shot without hitting the board limit. Having the title with that format helps me keep the threads organized.

"

The bolded, underlined green text should be customized by the host based on the game's parameters. The bolded blue text should be left in the message and be the responsibility of the player.

Obviously, if you have less than 20 people playing you wouldn't need this, but it might useful to you as the host to ask for it anyway for two reasons:

1. It will still help you keep the threads controlled (well, at least a bit more controlled)
  2. It establishes a known pattern for any future hosts, and continues a common experience for the players.

What say you, current and former hosts? Would this be useful/sensible? Long time players, does this make sense to you or feel like too much of a burden (I should hope not, but we're a lazy bunch)?

@domepatrol91, @Slappy Mc, @Famous Jameis, @bucsfan333, @bcb1213, @Whicker, @theuntouchable

(unlike other people, I respect the host's requests for thread silence until game begins (*looks at someone whose name rhymes with home blowhole*))

[[And now we return you to your regularly scheduled blood-drenched slaughter, already in progress]]

59 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

20 message limit per day. I need to figure out how to get the rest of these roles out. Until then please no talking.

I will start the day today.

If you can't get them. Have someone not playing send you a pm and have them forward it on 

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

For future reference, we probably should establish modified sign up guidelines for something like:

"To sign up, you must do the following (saying you want to play in this thread is NOT enough):

• I will award the spots based on the first N PMs I receive. If I receive more than N, I will ask if you would consider being a backup.
  • If you do not send me a PM with the above pattern, you have NOT entered successfully.
  • Reason for PMs: I need to establish the PM conversations so I can send out all the roles in one shot without hitting the board limit. Having the title with that format helps me keep the threads organized.

"

The bolded, underlined green text should be customized by the host based on the game's parameters. The bolded blue text should be left in the message and be the responsibility of the player.

Obviously, if you have less than 20 people playing you wouldn't need this, but it might useful to you as the host to ask for it anyway for two reasons:

1. It will still help you keep the threads controlled (well, at least a bit more controlled)
  2. It establishes a known pattern for any future hosts, and continues a common experience for the players.

What say you, current and former hosts? Would this be useful/sensible? Long time players, does this make sense to you or feel like too much of a burden (I should hope not, but we're a lazy bunch)?

@domepatrol91, @Slappy Mc, @Famous Jameis, @bucsfan333, @bcb1213, @Whicker, @theuntouchable

(unlike other people, I respect the host's requests for thread silence until game begins (*looks at someone whose name rhymes with home blowhole*))

[[And now we return you to your regularly scheduled blood-drenched slaughter, already in progress]]

Could work, takes a bit longer to send a PM then to post "in"...I'm sure some may be too lazy to do it. But great idea 

12 minutes ago, Woz said:

"

I think this is a good idea. Pickle Rick sent me a pre-PM before he posted his game because he knew I'd sign up. Something like that could work too. 

Archived