Which Team(s) Got Worse This Offseason?

JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

Tampa definitely didn't get worse lol.  They signed Vinny Curry and traded for JPP.  Gotta think that their defense will be pretty strong especially after they drafted Vita Vea

I’m not exactly excited for the DEs but did they lose anyone of note? 

On 6/25/2018 at 1:51 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Not only did the Skins not get worse, I expect them to be in the Playoff hunt this season. Providing they can stay healthy.

Of course they're going to make the playoffs. Has a team ever missed the playoffs with a 2,000 yd Rusher? It's a foregone conclusion now that Guice is there.

23 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:
On 6/26/2018 at 9:42 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m not exactly excited for the DEs but did they lose anyone of note? 

Jamies for 3 games lol

And Doug Martin.  I'm very surprised to see Tampa in this thread as they are my "on paper" most improved team in the league (although I don't expect that to translate into a significantly better record).  Their DE's may not be Jacksonville caliber, but they're certainly leagues above Robert Ayers and William Gholston. 

On 6/25/2018 at 1:51 PM, aceinthehouse said:

The Redskins added the most prolific passer last season

Having the highest passer rating doesn't make you the most impactful QB. Kirk Cousins to Alex Smith is probably a lateral move, but we'll have to see how Alex Smith performs under Jay Gruden without really any good WRs. 

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

And Doug Martin.  I'm very surprised to see Tampa in this thread as they are my "on paper" most improved team in the league (although I don't expect that to translate into a significantly better record).  Their DE's may not be Jacksonville caliber, but they're certainly leagues above Robert Ayers and William Gholston. 

Doug Martin was pretty bad last year though.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Doug Martin was pretty bad last year though.

Exactly. Our running game was far better without him in the game. Sadly our coaching staff didn’t wake up to that fact until it was too late.

Not having him makes us better. 

i think the bills didn't get notably worse per se it's just they did far better last year than they had any right to... so yeah they won't make the playoffs but that's more regression to the mean than getting worse, and there's a bright future with their strong picks

The Chiefs got worst to me. I was thinking about this yesterday talking to my friend. The Chiefs defense was bad last year and it got worst losing Peters. I can see the defense being ranked at the bottom in alot of the major categories. The one key category in particular which is points allowed. They are going to give up a ton of points. On the flip side, they lost Alex Smith who at least took care of the ball. I really like Mahomes, but he will turn the ball over alot just from him being inexperienced in the NFL combined with his playing style of taking too many risks. So when you have a defense that will give up a ton of yards and points combined with a QB who will turn the ball over alot, thats not a good recipe for success. I dont think the Chiefs make it to the playoffs this upcoming season and i know for most people they are the trendy pick to make it back to the playoffs. It wouldnt shock me if they finished 3rd if not flat out last in their own division.

The Patriots also got worst. Edelman still is trying to appeal his suspension, plus he is coming off an injury. They lost Cooks and Amendola. They have a rookie OG/OC trying to play him at LT because they lost Solder. On defense they dont really have a good pass rush and they lost Butler. I am not as concerned about the Patriots because they play in the weakest division in the NFL, so to me their worst is probably finishing 3rd at best 2nd in the AFC. Thats a step back from them normally finishing 1st in the AFC. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Chiefs got worst to me. I was thinking about this yesterday talking to my friend. The Chiefs defense was bad last year and it got worst losing Peters. I can see the defense being ranked at the bottom in alot of the major categories. The one key category in particular which is points allowed. They are going to give up a ton of points. On the flip side, they lost Alex Smith who at least took care of the ball. I really like Mahomes, but he will turn the ball over alot just from him being inexperienced in the NFL combined with his playing style of taking too many risks. So when you have a defense that will give up a ton of yards and points combined with a QB who will turn the ball over alot, thats not a good recipe for success. I dont think the Chiefs make it to the playoffs this upcoming season and i know for most people they are the trendy pick to make it back to the playoffs. It wouldnt shock me if they finished 3rd if not flat out last in their own division.

I want to say the Chiefs, but I can't.  I'm not a fan of Watkins anymore after his last two seasons and while Fuller was a good addition, he's clearly not as good a corner as Marcus Peters. But I look at how that offense is constructed and I just think "oh that's what they're going for".  They drafted a howitzer armed quarterback last year and now they've given him what I would describe as the fastest trio of wide receivers in the NFL.  I would describe the Chiefs as boom or bust.  They're either going to be the offense Andy Reid always wanted with Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce providing elite caliber targets in the short passing game and a relatively moderately used but always dangerous run game while all three of his receivers run defenses ragged providing the best vertical passing game in the league..... or that's not going to happen and the Chiefs are in line for a top seven pick possibly with a new head coach. 

19 minutes ago, Crickett said:

I want to say the Chiefs, but I can't.  I'm not a fan of Watkins anymore after his last two seasons and while Fuller was a good addition, he's clearly not as good a corner as Marcus Peters. But I look at how that offense is constructed and I just think "oh that's what they're going for".  They drafted a howitzer armed quarterback last year and now they've given him what I would describe as the fastest trio of wide receivers in the NFL.  I would describe the Chiefs as boom or bust.  They're either going to be the offense Andy Reid always wanted with Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce providing elite caliber targets in the short passing game and a relatively moderately used but always dangerous run game while all three of his receivers run defenses ragged providing the best vertical passing game in the league..... or that's not going to happen and the Chiefs are in line for a top seven pick possibly with a new head coach. 

I agree about the Chiefs being boom or bust. I like their potential but I just fear their defense is going to be bad and Mahomes is going to throw a ton of interceptions and its going to either be shootouts or get ugly in games. On the flip side, I do think the upside is higher because of Mahomes not being afraid to stretch the field and take some chances. The Chiefs are going to be fun to watch though. I am rooting for them because I like Mahomes. Other than Watson, Mahomes was my favorite QB in that draft class.

Archived