Training Camp 2018

Superman(DH23)

A youtuber Flemoraps pointed out that White going back to high school to jr college to college always has his best and break out year on his last chance.  If he follows that pattern this is his year    

Really a long shot. He looks right now to be 7th or 8th option to get a touch of ball. At best 4th WR and behind both RBs and both TEs.  So that guy may get one target a game and you have to make it count and move the chains.  Is he that guy?

We'll see.  Things can change fast with injuries and change whole dynamic. He should get a lot of play in 2nd half of pre season games and some in first half. 

20 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I am LOVING the Miller hype. He’s clearly an alpha personality with that determination to kick his opponents *** every play, and I’m pumped to have a guy like that, not only to have him on the squad but because that attitude is contagious. 

Dan Wierderer of the Trib is always a pump the brakes guy and he cannot stop gushing about Miller.

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm excited about him. I still maintain we should have kept Meredith, but the depth and talent across the board is a beautiful thing for once.

How has Burton and Shaheen looked? I saw something about them spreading Shaheen out away from trips, but not sure if that is a distraction or essentially giving a strong advantage in the run game on one side.

I haven't focused much on Burton but I feel like Shaheen is moving more fluidly compared to last season when he couldn't keep his feet. Sims has looked impressive as well. 

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I haven't focused much on Burton but I feel like Shaheen is moving more fluidly compared to last season when he couldn't keep his feet. Sims has looked impressive as well. 

Shaheen looks more lean this year. He’s totally off the radar but if he were to end up with something like 400 yards and a handful of TDs this year it wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

18 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Shaheen looks more lean this year. He’s totally off the radar but if he were to end up with something like 400 yards and a handful of TDs this year it wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

I'm really going to be focusing this preseason on how he's running his routes. His inability to stay on his feet last year pissed me off more than it should, I'm hoping this year he takes a huge step in that regard (balance, fluid in/out of his routes, etc).

I know people were calling him Baby Gronk but cynically I think I saw more of Baby Kellen Davis last season (okay that's a bit harsh but my point remains).

On 7/24/2018 at 12:22 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Biggest plus for me with this is that most of the reports have had him showing a burst again where last year he was reportedly operating at the speed of a TE. Health is going to be a concern but if he can give anything, even in a limited role... 

Last year at this time we had reports of White "learning how to recover his gait". Which means, basically, teaching himself how to run again. So, yeah, what we've been hearing is a big step up from that...

On 7/30/2018 at 9:09 AM, topwop1 said:

Been hearing all the hype about Anthony Miller killing it in camp.  I'm putting a bet on him to win offensive rookie of the year at +3500.  That's some damn good odds.

The most important part is that, at least from what I gather, he’s looking good against the 1s.

That’s a stark contrast from what usually gets people amped up this time of year: “Joe Blow is REALLY tearing up the 4s in camp!”

Or don’t forget “Caleb Hanie is destroying the 3s in preseason!”

17 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

The most important part is that, at least from what I gather, he’s looking good against the 1s.

That’s a stark contrast from what usually gets people amped up this time of year: “Joe Blow is REALLY tearing up the 4s in camp!”

Or don’t forget “Caleb Hanie is destroying the 3s in preseason!”

You mean Tanner Gentry killing it with the 4s xD

On 8/1/2018 at 11:47 PM, IronMike84 said:

Does Harvey Unga still show up at Bourbonnais just in case he gets granted extra practice squad eligibility?

I think he’s like Milton from office space.  They fired him years ago and removed him from payroll, but never told Harvey.  Harvey goes to Ryan pace to ask where his paychecks are and pace tells him to ask Nagy about it.  He goes to Nagy, and he tells him to ask Pace.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Daniels practiced for a second straight day, Hicks is a beast, Long got the day off, Gabriel missed practice with a foot injury, and Miller continues to dominate.

What's been your take on Long, in general? How's he looking? 

Archived