Everything Pokemon Thread!

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Rumors are Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost, and Water/Fighting starters.  Along with a Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Fighting mascot legendaries.

It seems that those rumors may be true from the newest trailer

Edit: After watching it again it almost looks like theyre lizards of some sorts but could also be dragons?

Edited by mattyice0401

Just now, JBURGE said:

That trailer was absolutely fire. The rumours about the old vs new are confirmed for sure. Sucks to see the overworld look much like Arceus but what can you do when you're limited by the hardware. 

What does that mean? Like old school pokemon or what?

22 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I'm kinda disappointed that Arceus seems to kind of abandoned already. I'm not someone who is going to really hunt shinies or anything, so once I caught all the Pokemon I kind of just stopped. I was hoping that we would get some new story content or some new Pokemon to catch as DLC. 

Seems like Arceus was just used to flesh out how semi-open world would work in Pokemon 

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

What does that mean? Like old school pokemon or what?

There was a another rumour about there being two schools where one clings to the past and old ways, while the other is futuristic. This trailer confirms that with the two professors and students, and the legendaries. One legendary is a jet, and the other is... not. The story is about the struggle between traditions and new tech I think 

• Like 1

Just now, JBURGE said:

There was a another rumour about there being two schools where one clings to the past and old ways, while the other is futuristic. This trailer confirms that with the two professors and students, and the legendaries. One legendary is a jet, and the other is... not. The story is about the struggle between traditions and new tech I think 

The scarlet legendary seemed alot cooler imo than the violet one but we will see

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

The scarlet legendary seemed alot cooler imo than the violet one but we will see

I will prob get Violet but as always it will depend on region exclusives for me. I also havent used a box legendary since like 2005

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

It seems that those rumors may be true from the newest trailer

Edit: After watching it again it almost looks like theyre lizards of some sorts but could also be dragons?

They're almost certainly dragons.  Unless GF is really messing with us, it pretty much confirms that Miraidon is Dragon/Electric.

22 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

That trailer was absolutely fire. The rumours about the old vs new are confirmed for sure. Sucks to see the overworld look much like Arceus but what can you do when you're limited by the hardware. 

The game looks absolutely legit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I will prob get Violet but as always it will depend on region exclusives for me. I also havent used a box legendary since like 2005

Bolded is also true for me I like using the box legendaries for a bit but they usually arent a staple of my team just to see what theyre all about

What makes you lean toward violet atm?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

They're almost certainly dragons.  Unless GF is really messing with us, it pretty much confirms that Miraidon is Dragon/Electric.

Yeah the fighting and electric were supported by the design and the lore in the trailer. 

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Bolded is also true for me I like using the box legendaries for a bit but they usually arent a staple of my team just to see what theyre all about

What makes you lean toward violet atm?

I like my modern toys