Who's due for a career year in 2018?

SteelKing728

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

With another Verrett injury I think Desmond King is set to take a very nice year 2 jump coming off a solid rookie season. 

I love that secondary. Who is their free safety with Boston gone? I hope they let Derwin James roam

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I love that secondary. Who is their free safety with Boston gone? I hope they let Derwin James roam

Looks like Adrian Phillips. Maybe someone else could provide more insight on their defensive backfield. 

Homer Pick: Keenan Allen. He had good numbers last year but most of them came in the 2nd half. He still seemed to be somewhat recovering from his ACL injury during the first half. If he can replicate that production over the course of a season, watch out.

On 7/29/2018 at 2:12 AM, BleedTheClock said:

In all fairness, that list is pretty sad. If he has a C+ season, he would already be in the top 5. I'm a closet Houston Texans fan (especially in their earlier days), but their TE position has been horrid for a long time. Have they ever had a really good starter there?

Owen Daniels is the benchmark. He was an oversized WR who gobbled up targets in the 4th quarter, down 20+ with the defense in a soft zone.

So, not really.

Ironically, TE Billy Miller scored the first TD in Texans history, on the first offensive drive in Texans history. All downhill from there, it seems.

One guy on the Bengals who hasn't been hyped already (WJIII and Carl Lawson) that I think has all the makings of a career year coming up is Tyler Boyd.  He's been Daltons #1 target in camp thus far, and everyone seems to be raving about his improvement this year.  He started showing better towards the end of last year as well.

The key to if he'll really break out though is if the Bengals keep or cut Brandon Lafell.  If Lafell is cut, Boyd should be in for a career year...

Archived