Who's due for a career year in 2018?

SteelKing728

16 hours ago, August4th said:

Vance McDonald for the steelers....I think he can put up 700-800 yards if he plays 14-16 games with the steelers offense that's been said to be more tight end friendly under our new OC

You'll need to throw him the football like 280 times to get there though. Probably not worth it

For the niners, the "no name" guys will be Goodwin or MacKinnon. I don't look at Jimmy as a no name, but people don't really know how good Goodwin was last year and think of him more in line with how he played in Buffalo, but he was really pretty good last year. I expect 1100 yards this year from him. He'll be the number one receiver over Garcon. 

For other NFL teams? I'll say Matt judon if you classify him as a no name (don't think many know him all that well). Keelan Cole with a full season. Deatrich Wise.

For Chicago- 

Jordan Howard- he faced a ton of 8 man fronts and laughably predictable playcalling, compounded by the embarrassingly bad WR corps that never could stretch the field. Nagy is a better playcaller than Loggains, we have a ton more weapons, and Howard should benefit from it. 

Eddie Jackson - had a few stretches last year to remind you he was a rookie, but had some stretches where he was electrifying. 

Kyle Fuller - last year he had stretches of a lockdown CB and is one of the better guys in the run game too. He owned AJ Green and Josh Gordon last year, so when he is on he is absolutely a potential top 10 all-around CB. 

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My Eagles hot take Corey Clement > Jay Ajayi.  He'll have a good enough year that he'll be the feature back in 2019

When watching Ajayii run on tape, I really don't want to sign him long term. If you see the way he actually runs, his legs bow out on every step. Dudes ACL's are ticking time bombs.

On 7/27/2018 at 6:49 AM, SteelKing728 said:

By the end of this season, you'll be googling him as "top Tight Ends in Houston Texans history"!! Haha

In all fairness, that list is pretty sad. If he has a C+ season, he would already be in the top 5. I'm a closet Houston Texans fan (especially in their earlier days), but their TE position has been horrid for a long time. Have they ever had a really good starter there?

On 7/27/2018 at 10:03 PM, Calvert28 said:

Cowboys JMO

Jihad Ward- A 3T who washed up in Oakland but has first round talent, and Rod has a knack for getting the most effort and production out of his DLinemen. This of course happens if Irving is out for a long time.

Whats been the word on him? How has he been doing? He showed absolutely nothing his two years here, but even then I'm not a fan of giving up on a high second round pick after two years. 

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Whats been the word on him? How has he been doing? He showed absolutely nothing his two years here, but even then I'm not a fan of giving up on a high second round pick after two years. 

Not much it's still early. All I've heard is what Zach Martin said that he thinks he will be one of the top DT's in the nfl. Maybe nothing, but I have a high opinion of w/e Martin says. 

On 7/28/2018 at 1:13 AM, PapaShogun said:

For the 49ers I'll say Jerrick McKinnon, just because Shanahan really seemed determined to make him a big part of the offense moving forward. 

Also, Garoppolo since he should be starting a full slate of games. On defense I'm hoping it's Foster. Just needs to stay healthy. 

And out of trouble

Archived