Colin Cowherd's potential 2018 dumpster fires

TecmoSuperJoe

Prepare to be triggered. I usually think Colin's takes are ridiculous with his constant irrelevant analogies to try to prove a point, but I still watch because Colin either really believes what he says or he's just a master at being "interesting"/controversial. 

22 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

“Atlanta is maybe the best team in the NFC besides Philadelphia.” Lol..is there a bigger  idiot on sportstalk radio besides Stephen A?

Whats wrong with thinking Atlanta is the 2nd best team in the NFC? 

55 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Collin Cowherd is the real dumpster fire

ESPN as a whole is just a complete dumpster fire.     Cant really stand anyone on that network anymore.     At the very least, they used to have 5-10 guys I kinda liked with a few entertaining shows.

Well, okay...Pardon the Interruption is still okay....but thats about it.

38 minutes ago, jarren said:
1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

“Atlanta is maybe the best team in the NFC besides Philadelphia.” Lol..is there a bigger  idiot on sportstalk radio besides Stephen A?

Whats wrong with thinking Atlanta is the 2nd best team in the NFC? 

I think it's a fair statement, but it's really hard to choose between the top 5 or 6 right now

21 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

ESPN as a whole is just a complete dumpster fire.     Cant really stand anyone on that network anymore.     At the very least, they used to have 5-10 guys I kinda liked with a few entertaining shows.

Well, okay...Pardon the Interruption is still okay....but thats about it.

Colin doesn't work there anymore, but yes ESPN has been trending down since the early 2000's. 

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Colin doesn't work there anymore, but yes ESPN has been trending down since the early 2000's. 

Oh, I thought Colin was still with them.

Either way, they both suck.

ESPN I still enjoyed up until the mid 2000s or so.   I used to have it on all the time, and around 2010, I cut the cord and stopped watching it.   Now, whenever I have access to a TV with cable, I flip right past it unless there is a football game on.

Jacksonville is the only real controversial one and I agree with his points. Two teams in that division are getting their QB back and the one that didn’t lose their QB beat them twice. I’m also far more skeptical of a team that gets by on defensive play because defenses usually can’t be as consistent year to year. It’s a grind like Denver in 2015. You usually see teams like that wear out. 

Panthers might be the other controversial pick 

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh, I thought Colin was still with them.

Either way, they both suck.

ESPN I still enjoyed up until the mid 2000s or so.   I used to have it on all the time, and around 2010, I cut the cord and stopped watching it.   Now, whenever I have access to a TV with cable, I flip right past it unless there is a football game on.

Cowherd managed to suck too much even for ESPN.  Probably the second worst tv sports personality behind Jason Whitlock.

Also when ESPN added their esports section he went on an angry rant about it which was probably part of why he's no longer there.

I think the only three that are really all that controversial are Lions, Jags and Panthers, but you can see the point for the 3. There's never been a successful coach from the Belichick tree. Bill O'Brien is the closest thing to that and he's mediocre at best. Stafford and that offense should still be good you'd think, though. Jags have kind of a reverse situation. I don't think anyone actually trusts Blake Bortles to do anything, but that defense should still be great. I feel like the Colts have far and away the worst roster in the division and possibly in the NFL altogether, so I think at the worst the Jags will finish 3rd in the division and I don't see dumpster fire out of them, but I can at least see where he's coming from regarding Bortles.

Panthers could be counted as controversial too but I still don't think they've done enough to help Cam on that offense and his point about no back to back winning seasons and being in a division with Atlanta and New Orleans doesn't help matters. But again hard to see dumpster fire out of them.

1 hour ago, Bobikus said:

Cowherd managed to suck too much even for ESPN.  Probably the second worst tv sports personality behind Jason Whitlock.

Also when ESPN added their esports section he went on an angry rant about it which was probably part of why he's no longer there.

I think it was more a cost cutting move. The last couple of years ESPN has laid off like half their employees. Couldn't keep Gruden in the MNF booth either.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I like Cowherd. 

Straight talker, owns it when he is wrong. 

I enjoy him too even though I disagree with a lot of his takes.  There are a lot of media personalities that are far worse and much less entertaining.

Archived