Colin Cowherd's potential 2018 dumpster fires

TecmoSuperJoe

I watch FS1 shows in "First Things First"," Skip and Shannon: Undisputed", and "The Herd". They are definitely entertaining but just like on here and other shows like "First Take", Good Morning Football", etc... you arent going to agree with everything they say. Sports in  general is debatable. The one thing I dont like about the FS1 shows I mention, they only seem to base their topics around a few topics. LeBron (Lakers), Belichick/Brady (Patriots), and the Cowboys. Like Skip and Shannon are the worst because they can be talking about another topic for example, "Is Gurley more valuable the Bell?" and somehow Skip will start mentioning Zeke in which they will start talking about the Cowboys. Even when they start talking about KD, somehow the conversation will go to LeBron, then the debate will get back to LeBron v MJ then some how age will come up with LeBron aging and Shannon will mention Brady's age and then somehow the Patriots will come up when the original topic was about KD lol. But all in all its entertaining. Shannon cracks me up alot. 

Back to Colin, I disagree with some of the things he says and also noticed he changes alot. Some things he says is spot on though. He said last year the one thing that would hurt the Saints in the playoffs was their young secondary. Well in the playoffs their rookie safety Williams, made a bad mistake which led to the GW td by Diggs. But again, he tries to be entertaining. I miss Kristine Leachy on the show, but Im not complaining about Joy Taylor, except for I miss her on "Undisputed" lol. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I watch FS1 shows in "First Things First"," Skip and Shannon: Undisputed", and "The Herd". They are definitely entertaining but just like on here and other shows like "First Take", :Good Morning Football", etc... you arent going to agree with everything they say. Sports in  general is debatable. The one thing I dont like about the FS1 shows I mention, they only seem to base their topics around a few topics. LeBron (Lakers), Belichick/Brady (Patriots), and the Cowboys. Like Skip and Shannon are the worst because they can be talking about another topic for example, "Is Gurley more valuable the Bell?" and somehow Skip will start mentioning Zeke in which they will start talking about the Cowboys. Even when they start talking about KD, somehow the conversation will go to LeBron, then the debate will get back to LeBron v MJ then some how age will come up with LeBron aging and Shannon will mention Brady's age and then somehow the Patriots will come up when the original topic was about KD lol. But all in all its entertaining. Shannon cracks me up alot. 

Back to Colin, I disagree with some of the things he says and also noticed he changes alot. Some things he says is spot on though. He said last year the one thing that would hurt the Saints in the playoffs was their young secondary. Well in the playoffs their rookie safety Williams, made a bad mistake which led to the GW td by Diggs. But again, he tries to be entertaining. I miss Kristine Leachy on the show, but Im not complaining about Joy Taylor, except for I miss her on "Undisputed" lol. 

While i agree with this, the level in which they go is theatrical. And yea its for ratings, i get that and what felt like the height of the Stephen A-Skip time was all the TebowMania but after a while you just dont even believe that what they are saying is real. Its like wrestling...but with words. If i want to watch something that is fake, i'll watch wrestling

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

While i agree with this, the level in which they go is theatrical. And yea its for ratings, i get that and what felt like the height of the Stephen A-Skip time was all the TebowMania but after a while you just dont even believe that what they are saying is real. Its like wrestling...but with words. If i want to watch something that is fake, i'll watch wrestling

Yeah it is for the ratings. NFLN is the same way. I remember one season they had to talk about all the time about “will the Cowboys make the playoffs?”. Ok I don’t mind if the Cowboys had a legit shot. The Cowboys that season was like 3 games below .500 at the time. What got me mad was there were teams actually doing well and either was in the playoffs or in the thick of the race like Buffalo but they got little to no attention but Dallas got the attention even though that season they didn’t deserve it. But I agree it’s ratings. 

I will say this about Stephen A. Smith, he does crack me up too. Like I haven’t really watched “First Take”, since Smith and Max are out. I’ll watch it when they get back. But trust me, the Tebowmania was annoying too how much they talked about it. The highlight of it to me was when Tebow was on the Pats and during camp it was reported Brady got hurt and the next day on “First Take”, Stephen A Smith said when he heard the news he first thought this can’t be happening where Brady gets hurt which opens the door to Tebow being the starter because he keeps getting those opportunities and he didn’t want to have to hear Skip and he Tebow love affair lol. Like he said he was dreading coming into work lol. It was hilarious

Usually I agree with the narrative of how the Dolphins are going to be by the media, but I just don't see them being a 2-3 win dumpster fire this season. I knew they were a 1-15 team going into the 2007 season. I knew they were going to a mediocre team in Sparano and Philibin's lame duck years. I don't get those vibes at all. This feels like a team getting back on track. They lost a couple of good players, but none of those guys were game changers. This is the most depth I've seen on this team in years. They just don't have players that non-Dolphin fans know about yet because the team is so young.

The Dolphins last year had a hard schedule, no bye week, injuries everywhere, Jay Cutler, a terrible O-line,  bottom in every category on offense and defense, and they still won 6 games and almost won a few more. Gase always finds ways to win close games. Now I'm expected to believe they are the worst team in the NFL. I just don't see it. I've never disagreed with the media narrative about the Dolphins this much. It's kind of exciting to see how wrong the media could be proven. 

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh, I thought Colin was still with them.

Either way, they both suck.

ESPN I still enjoyed up until the mid 2000s or so.   I used to have it on all the time, and around 2010, I cut the cord and stopped watching it.   Now, whenever I have access to a TV with cable, I flip right past it unless there is a football game on.

I got tired of it around the time LeBron was making the Decision #1.

Full on LeBron Center just ruined it for me, and it's never changed since.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

No, that's Skip Bayless.

Not everyone who goes against the grain "just wants attention." 

Agreed, especially about Skip. His homerism for Brady, the Cowboys, Spurs, and hate for Philly teams (especially the Eagles. Like I genuinely was excited to watch his show the day after we won the SB because I knew he was gonna make up some insane excuse for NE and crap on us which he did) and Lebron of course who he craps on all the time.

But it all has to be taken with a grain of salt with him. Hes one of few guys Im 100% sure is just a troll on purpose/paid to say retarded stuff, because noone could possibly be as stupid as he portrays himself to be and also have accomplished the things he did pre-fame. 

Cowherd is meh. I like him solely because he was actually one of the only (and there werent many) "big" media guys who was high on the Eagles from the start last year. 

Really, FS1 is the worst with its stupid debate shows with idiots like Nick Wright etc. Shannon Sharpe and his lisp being so funny to listen to are the only thing I enjoy. 

And ESPN is absolutely just garbage. When the few actual good journalists/media talking heads like Jemele Hill and Zach Lowe etc inevitably leave we will be left with just like Will Cain and Stephen A Smith shouting about crap. They have already let one of their best people leave when Ryan Russillo left them recently. I think hes genuinely funny, knowledgeable, and honest.

I might not be in the majority with this opinion but I believe that Bill Simmons is the best/most creative prominent figure in sports media. He was a terrific writer dating back to his ESPN Page 2 days and really pioneered the blending of sports and pop culture. He is funny as hell most of the time, and though people didnt like him on TV, I loved seeing him on NBA Countdown. I remember when they were doing a show at the same time as a big game of an NBA playoff series and when they turned to him for his turn to talk he just goes "What the hell are we doing? Does noone here realize that nobody who likes the NBA are watching us right now?" or something and hearing him talk about his ESPN days is interesting. Jalen Rose , one of his good friends there, has sort of been able to keep his show somewhat entertaining still. And it was great watching him just rip on Gooddell on live TV on ESPN, who is literally the NFL's b****, and basically ended up getting fired because of that. 

Also, one more Simmons thing, theringer.com is just fantastic and seeing what BS was able to do without ESPN's leash has been awesome. He's done an incredible job of bringing in talented writers/podcasters at the Ringer. Robert Mays and Kevin Clark are great football minds. Their NBA people (which is like almost everyone) like Kevin OConnor, Chris Vernon, Chris Ryan, Haley OShaughnessy...and of course he hired Mark Titus too, who I have absolutely loved as a writer/now podcaster ever since he was still playing for Ohio State. And then he has those kind of separate podcasters who he lets do their own thing like Larry Wilmore, JJ Redick, Dave Chang, Cousin Sal......Im not sure how many other people feel about theringer.com but IMO its far and away the best media/sports content website currently (and ever tbh).. 

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Collin Cowherd is the real dumpster fire

He's not too bad as part of a panel or group discussion, like when they used to have him on Mike & Mike. By himself, when he's in his own echo chamber, he can get a little too enamored with his own voice, and things become...weird. Totally annoying. The topic of the video up there is fairly tame, though. But gotta wonder about him including the Bears and dolphins on his list. Even his reasons why are pretty shaky. Gotta fill air time with something, I suppose...

4 hours ago, Danger said:

No, that's Skip Bayless.

Not everyone who goes against the grain "just wants attention." 

While I agree in general, I just think Cowherd is a pompous windbag.   Not because he goes against the grain or may occasionally said things I dont care for....but because he seems to think his opinions are something special.  

Archived