Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

so as raiders fans, what would GB have to offer to make you satisfied with the mack trade?

No realistic package would honestly satisfy us as fans. He brings so much to this entire team that simply won't be replicated by the likely "1st, 2nd and a starter" package being thrown around.

For me to feel completely content with him leaving would require something ludicrous like 3 firsts and a few mid rounders. However that would never happen due to the fact the new team would also have to offer him a crazyyyy contract. 

At the end of the day, I rather overspend for Mack then let him go for an unimpressive package.

1 minute ago, Nodisrespect said:

Yeah I'm sure he'll be dying to sign that!!

I could see same with 75m. Not that far off. Especially when they do the same as Penn and forego the fines he has accumulated, which is around 4m at this point. Factor that in and we are getting closer. 

I think Donald's is a true extension also. Scrapping Mack's deal and going 6 for 135 with 75 guaranteed and scrapping the fines may get it done.

6 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

How do you figure that? I was thinking the complete opposite. He now knows his ceiling. Hes not getting more than Donald.

That's not how NFL contracts work, Mack will want more than Donald. He's not going to sign a contract that doesn't make him the highest paid defensive player of all time with the most gaurenteed money.

I will say this, when Mack signs here, this will be his best season to date by far. He has NEVER had this quality of coaching and players around him during his NFL career. He has simply been the lone focus of any O and they wouldn't have to worry about anyone else on the line. That is very different now. With Bruce as a full-time DE and Hurst/Hall/Key being added, doubling/tripling Mack will have its consequences now. 

10 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

That's not how NFL contracts work, Mack will want more than Donald. He's not going to sign a contract that doesn't make him the highest paid defensive player of all time with the most gaurenteed money.

I think typically yes but this offseason feels very different. Donald is considered best defensive player and will be highest paid. Rodgers is considered best QB and is highest paid. I don't foresee Russell Wilson becoming highest paid when his time comes, just like Mack now. You may be right, history is on your side, but I think this go round the best he can hope for is equal to Donald.

Edit: not to mention Mack's lack of leverage

42 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I think typically yes but this offseason feels very different. Donald is considered best defensive player and will be highest paid. Rodgers is considered best QB and is highest paid. I don't foresee Russell Wilson becoming highest paid when his time comes, just like Mack now. You may be right, history is on your side, but I think this go round the best he can hope for is equal to Donald.

Edit: not to mention Mack's lack of leverage

Agree and disagree. He has less leverage, yes. But look at guys like Flacco and the likes who got top QB money. I love Carr, but he didn't deserve to be paid like the best QB in the NFL. Still was though. Its just how these things work unfortunately

If raiders were actually looking to trade Mack. Would raiders fans be okay with the bills 2nd round pick in 2019, 1st round pick in 2020, back up Qb Aj McCarron ($900k this year and 3.1 mil in 2020), and pass rusher Jerry Hughes (4 mil this year and 2.9 mil next year)? Figured it would solve the pass rush opposite to Arden Keys, and the back up qb situation as I know Ej manuel is garbage as I experienced watching him with the bills.

31 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Agree and disagree. He has less leverage, yes. But look at guys like Flacco and the likes who got top QB money. I love Carr, but he didn't deserve to be paid like the best QB in the NFL. Still was though. Its just how these things work unfortunately

Again historically yes. Flacco was the first one to really screw everything up, but with Rodgers and Donald and OBJ rising to the top I think the market will now recalibrate. Time will tell. Mack is right there with Donald talent-wise so a similar contract is likely but surpassing it....that I don't foresee. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

If raiders were actually looking to trade Mack. Would raiders fans be okay with the bills 2nd round pick in 2019, 1st round pick in 2020, back up Qb Aj McCarron ($900k this year and 3.1 mil in 2020), and pass rusher Jerry Hughes (4 mil this year and 2.9 mil next year)? Figured it would solve the pass rush opposite to Arden Keys, and the back up qb situation as I know Ej manuel is garbage as I experienced watching him with the bills.

1st and 2nd Round Pick and Shaq Lawson. Anything less, no.

Archived