Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I hope it's as scary as the Eagles winning the SB two years after Chip Kelly was fired. I'd take Gruden flopping after two years, getting fired, then the Raiders winning the SB two years later any time.

I don’t believe Mark Davis could grow a spine to do that.

9 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

As BP said before, Gruden is pursuing the Belichick model. Multiple above average players playing their role in a scheme that maximizes their talent has a bigger impact than one or two all pro players in a unit with obvious weaknesses.

Time will tell if Gruden can pull that off, but I see the Mack situation as comparable to the Seymour situation the Patriots had years back. Yes the Patriots were a better team and Seymour was older, but that trade definitely worked out for the Patriots a hell of a lot better than it did for the Raiders didn't it?

Good article about what the Patriots did with the first rounder the Raiders sent their way.. https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/patriots-still-reaping-rewards-seymour-deal

TBH I think that is just positive spin, nothing wrong with that but the realist in me sees the 'GM Gruden' that was in Tampa Bay once again making questionable personnel decisions and sees his finger prints all over these last few controversial deals................

26 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

If getting paid means resigning at market value, then okay. But he's not going to get paid elite money because he's not elite.

I would argue that Cooper has elite talent and potential. Gruden needs to unleash it this year and if he does Cooper will get paid like an elite WR. As it stands now you are correct. Another 2017 season and hes not getting elite money.

"But that’s the crux of this situation. Let me explain. Mack, over the next seven years, is scheduled to make $154.85 million on his new Bears contract. The salary cap this year is $177.2 million. Over the last five years, the cap has risen about $10 million a year. So let’s project that it continues to rise $10 million a year through the last year of the Mack deal, in 2024. The cap, then, would be $237.2 million in the last year of Mack’s deal.

Average salary cap per team over the next seven years, by my estimate: $207.2 million.

Mack’s average compensation over the next seven years: $22.12 million.

Average cap spending devoted to Mack annually: 10.67 percent."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/03/khalil-mack-trade-super-bowl-prediction-peter-king/

33 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

As BP said before, Gruden is pursuing the Belichick model. Multiple above average players playing their role in a scheme that maximizes their talent has a bigger impact than one or two all pro players in a unit with obvious weaknesses.

Time will tell if Gruden can pull that off, but I see the Mack situation as comparable to the Seymour situation the Patriots had years back. Yes the Patriots were a better team and Seymour was older, but that trade definitely worked out for the Patriots a hell of a lot better than it did for the Raiders didn't it?

Good article about what the Patriots did with the first rounder the Raiders sent their way.. https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/patriots-still-reaping-rewards-seymour-deal

I wonder what the reaction was to the Patriots trading Chandler Jones. Thats pretty comparable to this situation. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am coming to terms with the fact we traded Khalil freaking Mack. The frustration and overall pissed off nature is slowly receding and I am excited about the potential players we can land with the new picks and cap space. 

My thoughts and emotions exactly. With Mack demanding the type of pay-day he wanted (and arguably deserved), we would have been in cap hell for at least several years.

8 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

"But that’s the crux of this situation. Let me explain. Mack, over the next seven years, is scheduled to make $154.85 million on his new Bears contract. The salary cap this year is $177.2 million. Over the last five years, the cap has risen about $10 million a year. So let’s project that it continues to rise $10 million a year through the last year of the Mack deal, in 2024. The cap, then, would be $237.2 million in the last year of Mack’s deal.

Average salary cap per team over the next seven years, by my estimate: $207.2 million.

Mack’s average compensation over the next seven years: $22.12 million.

Average cap spending devoted to Mack annually: 10.67 percent."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/03/khalil-mack-trade-super-bowl-prediction-peter-king/

And i guess the rest of the player's contract won't be subject to the same inflation? It's totally feasible to fit Mack's contract under the cap but with his contract added to Carr, it leaves 2.5M/player for the 51 other guys. I'll let you look at the kind of players you can get for 2.5M.

So in the press conference Gruden stated that one of the reasons he came back to the Raiders was Mack, that he didn’t want to trade him, he wasn’t involved in the day to day negotiations and that he wasn’t aware of the 2nd round pick being thrown in. 

However he did say that negotiations were tough, they talked about it daily, that our offer was way below the Bears. He also said that the Bears offer was unique and that the trade needed to be made now.

Despite wanting Mack to stay he only spoke to him once when he got the job but then contacted him after the deal was done. 

Also claimed him and Reggie were on the same page despite not being involved in the negotiations, that he didn’t want to trade Mack and wasn’t aware of the 2nd rounder? ? 

What a shambles.

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, Trubisky does, and...? He was decent last year and his OC was Dowell Loggains & his top weapons were Kendall Wright (no longer on the team), Dion Sims (now the team’s #3 TE) and Josh Bellamy (team’s #6 WR now). They won 5 games last year and have added an offensive coach, Roquan Smith, Trey Burton, Allen Robinson, Anthony Miller and Taylor Gabriel. Again by no means do I think they’re making the playoffs, but 6 wins? Come on.

What part of the Packers D looks good on paper? LOL

What part?

DL: Wilkerson-Clark-Daniels should be rock solid.

EDGE: Matthews-Perry-Gilbert-Fackrell looks like a pretty strong group to me.

That young secondary should also play solid, especially with a strong front 7play.

33 minutes ago, Dessie said:

So in the press conference Gruden stated that one of the reasons he came back to the Raiders was Mack, that he didn’t want to trade him, he wasn’t involved in the day to day negotiations and that he wasn’t aware of the 2nd round pick being thrown in. 

However he did say that negotiations were tough, they talked about it daily, that our offer was way below the Bears. He also said that the Bears offer was unique and that the trade needed to be made now.

Despite wanting Mack to stay he only spoke to him once when he got the job but then contacted him after the deal was done. 

Also claimed him and Reggie were on the same page despite not being involved in the negotiations, that he didn’t want to trade Mack and wasn’t aware of the 2nd rounder? ? 

What a shambles.

53 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

And i guess the rest of the player's contract won't be subject to the same inflation? It's totally feasible to fit Mack's contract under the cap but with his contract added to Carr, it leaves 2.5M/player for the 51 other guys. I'll let you look at the kind of players you can get for 2.5M.

We have 34 players earning $2.5m or less on our roster. If the salary cap is $177m then the average is $3.33m per player. You can get lots of players for less than $2.5m a year. 

We have spent over $18m on Gilchrist, Whitehead, Giacomini, R.Nelson, Derrick Johnson and Doug Martin, think we could have got by without some of them. 

1 hour ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

My thoughts and emotions exactly. With Mack demanding the type of pay-day he wanted (and arguably deserved), we would have been in cap hell for at least several years.

This is 100% untrue. He would have accounted for <11% of the projected cap. 

Fanboys will always try to justify this stuff. Mack could have and should have been paid, period. This move will set the Raiders back for sometime. You simply DO NOT trade HOF talent. 

Doesn't matter who those draft picks are, they will undoubtably be on the same level as Mack. And if this draft was any indication. Taking a raw, underwhelming LT over a sure fire blue chip player, as yourself.... are you really excited about the draft picks? 

Archived