Preseason Week 2 - GDT vs. Pittsburgh

Leader

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

And who was Taylor's coach back then? I think some crackpot loser named Bill Walsh. By your logic anytime one of our star DBs make an interception, they should take a knee, because returning the ball would be an injury risk. Let 'em play.

lol

I never said they should take a knee. I said I want non important (non starters) to return punts. IDGAF if those guys get hurt, I don't want STARTERS to get hurt. But keep howling at the moon and screaming at kids to get off your lawn because BACK IN MY DAY THEY ATE NAILS AND PLAYED BOTH WAYS!!!!!! Halas and Brown coached guys who played both ways. But now all the days all the ******* only play one way. I suppose I want them to take a knee every play for being such huge ******* and only playing on one sid eof the ball..

stfu.

44 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Norm have a few refreshments after work today?

That was that last night. Lol

I wish this stupid game was tonight. Jack **** on TV and I don't want to stream anything because I'm downloading a 200gb torrent I want to get done ASAP lol

23 minutes ago, Norm said:

That was that last night. Lol

I wish this stupid game was tonight. Jack **** on TV and I don't want to stream anything because I'm downloading a 200gb torrent I want to get done ASAP lol

There's the new Hard Knocks Ill get in tonight but I'm with you. I've watched the first week of preseason ball entirely too much, tomorrow needs to hurry it up.

42 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

There's the new Hard Knocks Ill get in tonight but I'm with you. I've watched the first week of preseason ball entirely too much, tomorrow needs to hurry it up.

Ah, forgot all about that. I haven't even watched it yet, just set it to record and have been laz y.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Ah, forgot all about that. I haven't even watched it yet, just set it to record and have been laz y.

It's been entertaining. The practice facility is about 2 miles from my house but unfortunately I haven't made it on there yet. Fun fact: you have to register for tickets to attend Browns training camp. Apparently they are free but you can only get tickets to so many practices.

4 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

And who was Taylor's coach back then? I think some crackpot loser named Bill Walsh. By your logic anytime one of our star DBs make an interception, they should take a knee, because returning the ball would be an injury risk. Let 'em play.

Does Antonio Brown return kicks still? Because he's probably still the best return man on that team.

Just now, HyponGrey said:

Does Antonio Brown return kicks still? Because he's probably still the best return man on that team.

Fewer every year, but he still returned 11 last season, and 22 and 15 in 2015 and 2016, respectively. Before that he was averaging 27-32 per season.

So defensive negative plays from the first quarter:

Play 1: M. Adams gets sealed. Kenny Clark with the hero play here.

Play 2: Lowry loses contain on Mariota

Play 3: Rollins gets burned.

Play 4: Gilbert gets handled by a T/TE double team.

Play 5: Gilbert blows contain on a Mariota rollout off of play action

Play 6: Fackrell gets tied up on a block from a TE. Kenny Clark with an illegal hands to the face penalty.

Play 7: None, receiver dripped on a redzone corner fade.

Play 8: None, HHCD cuts down the leading FB at the line of scrimmage, Adams sheds a block and Martinez brings down the pile.

Play 9: Rollins/House on the combo route combination give up the TD.

Play 10: None, Gilbert stabs two lead blockers and HHCD keeps his body free of the mess in outside contain.

Play 11: Fackrell loses his man on play action. Luckily the TE trips on the turf.

Play 12: None, Goodson escapes a minus here due to a bad throw from Mariota. Adams brings just enough pressure to nudge him off his footwork. 

Play 13: Martinez bites bad on play action.

Play 14: Pettine, CBs playing super far back gives up an easy catch.

Play 15: None. Fackrell gets bailed out by a questionable holding call. 

Play 16: Burks/Fackrell both jump the same gap intentionally. I think this was Fackrell's error trying to make a play. Josh Jackson's tackle was also questionable.

Play 17: Jackson. Bad PI flag.

Play 18: Adams completely missed the screen here. Burks with the hero play. Lowry didn't do a great job on the screen but Sua'Filo held him unnecessarily.

Play 19: Greer Martini grabs a facemask that was completely unnecessary as he tries to cover a back out of the backfield.

Play 20: Adams jumps off sides

Play 21: Everybody. Gilbert turns this back in exactly how he's supposed to. Adams misses a tackle. Burks and Fackrell are way out of position for the cut back. Jackson whiffs on a tackle and takes out Lowry in the process. 

10 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Fewer every year, but he still returned 11 last season, and 22 and 15 in 2015 and 2016, respectively. Before that he was averaging 27-32 per season.

Interesting fact, Antonio Brown only got injured 11 times last season.  Before that he averaged 27 injuries per season  Coincidence?!?!

14 hours ago, Norm said:

2fy8c4.jpg

LOL! Norm you crack me up! xD Is that a selfie? I've always wondered what you look like! I'm not sure about the nails, but they did smoke cigars and some did still play both ways in the 60's. 

IMHO worrying about injuries is like playing not to lose. Both make it more likely to happen. 

So back to what started this conversation. Should Davis be kept just to return punts, at the expense of cutting a more talented WR? I say no. There are plenty of other guys who will have earned a roster spot by being the best at another position, Cobb, Alexander, Williams, Montgomery. 

38 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

LOL! Norm you crack me up! xD Is that a selfie? I've always wondered what you look like! I'm not sure about the nails, but they did smoke cigars and some did still play both ways in the 60's. 

IMHO worrying about injuries is like playing not to lose. Both make it more likely to happen. 

So back to what started this conversation. Should Davis be kept just to return punts, at the expense of cutting a more talented WR? I say no. There are plenty of other guys who will have earned a roster spot by being the best at another position, Cobb, Alexander, Williams, Montgomery. 

I'm fine with the actual argument. I guess I didn't agree that we should pretend it's safe because we don't want to lose talented young receivers. It felt like it was just shoehorned in because people want Davis cut for them, which I don't have a problem with.

Archived