Preseason Week 3 - GDT vs. Oakland

Leader

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Looked like he broke his wrist, but came back feon locker room and went back in after missing two drives. Play looked worse than it was.

why on earth would you put your starting QB back in a preseason game after he just got x-rays in the locker room?

from Packers.com     "The Packers landed at San Jose International Airport on Thursday for their preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.

WTF : Why would they land in San Jose ? The Oakland Airport is stumbling distance from the Oakland Stadium and there are gobs of hotels nearby

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

from Packers.com     "The Packers landed at San Jose International Airport on Thursday for their preseason game against the Oakland Raiders.

WTF : Why would they land in San Jose ? The Oakland Airport is stumbling distance from the Oakland Stadium and there are gobs of hotels nearby

Maybe the same reasons teams don't fly into Green Bay airport but decided to sleep the night further away?

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

"According to Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers isn’t expected to play in their third preseason game at Oakland, along with a number of other starters. Some of them didn’t even make the trip west for what is generally the dress rehearsal game"

I am guessing they need extra room on the team plane for Khalil Mack and his luggage ($$$) on the return trip

I don't like that.  It is one thing to not play, but I think they should travel if they are not rehabbing an injury.  You are on the team, be a part of the team.  Not to make a mountain out of a mole hill, I just don't like it.

37 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't like that.  It is one thing to not play, but I think they should travel if they are not rehabbing an injury.  You are on the team, be a part of the team.  Not to make a mountain out of a mole hill, I just don't like it.

Do you know of anyone who is not making the trip and not rehabbing an injury.

8 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

San Jose Airport is right next to SF's stadium. I wonder if the NFL vets hotels and only has one for the bay area or something like that?

11 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

San Jose Airport is right next to SF's stadium. I wonder if the NFL vets hotels and only has one for the bay area or something like that?

That's what I was thinking, its some sort of a corporate deal. The traffic from there to Oakland ain't no picnic

37 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I’ll be watching at work on Reddit, excited to see the close to full strength defense.

Is Kumerow playing? Perry? Daniels? Any starting RB?

Kumerow is injured, and I would bet the farm that Perry and Daniels won't play. 

1 hour ago, Mendeleev said:

Do you know of anyone who is not making the trip and not rehabbing an injury.

Aaron Rodgers, Jared Boosh, HARRELL!!! and AJ Hawk.

No, I honestly don't know.  And they probably have a legit excuse.  Like I said, I don't think it is a massive deal, I just don't like it.

Archived