Redskins sign Adrian Peterson

49erurtaza

47 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

And it isn't even like he is "ring chasing". He still truly believes that he is an elite running back. 

I mean he wasn't bad at all last year for Arizona behind a questionable OL. Maybe not elite, but I definitely think he's still capable of 1000+ yards in a season.

I don't take anything for Grant it when it comes to AP but I'm glad it's him who signed and not Charles. Jamal unless completely shot at this point would of done way more things in the passing game for that offense then AP can!

Here's hoping AP doesn't have some LT to Jets type Renaissance!

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sure I understand, opening things up near the line of scrimmage?

Are you saying last years best downfield passing QB - even w/o counting Tyreke Hill  - can’t complete intermediate to deep passes?

That’s a falsehood that needs to go away.

No I'm saying NFL D's always will/have guarded check downs heavily with Alex Smith at QB.  Doubt that changes even after last year.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I don't take anything for Grant it when it comes to AP but I'm glad it's him who signed and not Charles. Jamal unless completely shot at this point would of done way more things in the passing game for that offense then AP can!

That's why we have Chris Thompson.

14 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I worry that with Adrian Peterson's injury history and that terrible field that Washington has, AD might not make much of an impact.

It's sooooooo bad. And then they decide to play a Brazil- El Salvador friendly soccer match five days before their home opener. I can't stand FedEx Field. Its all about Snyder making money, shocker. 

7 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

That's why we have Chris Thompson.

Yes but then like with the Saints, your offense with AP becomes predictable. It's a Run play with no fear of him as a pass catcher. At least with Charles the entire playbook was at your disposal.

It's like the Eagles last year with Blount on the field or the Eagles with Clement. Teams knew it was either a Run or Play action with LG. He wasn't catching anything. Like AP!

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes but then like with the Saints, your offense with AP becomes predictable. It's a Run play with no fear of him as a pass catcher. At least with Charles the entire playbook was at your disposal.

Didn't the Saints have the #1 rushing attack in the league last year, and one of the top overall offenses?  Bad example is bad.

5 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Didn't the Saints have the #1 rushing attack in the league last year, and one of the top overall offenses?  Bad example is bad.

Yes after Peterson's predictabilty was traded, but please keep going on with your point?

On 2018-08-22 at 1:00 AM, Nabbs4u said:

AP can still be top tier  as long as he has some OL and they D doesn't always have 8 in the box. I expect washington to be serious about the running game and AP could have a good year 5ypc. If Williams and Scherf get hurt, this will alter the results, but I expect Williams to lead the way if healthy. Maybe AP can help there be a Hogs renaissance in return :o

10 hours ago, 3rivers said:

AP can still be top tier  as long as he has some OL and they D doesn't always have 8 in the box. I expect washington to be serious about the running game and AP could have a good year 5ypc. If Williams and Scherf get hurt, this will alter the results, but I expect Williams to lead the way if healthy. Maybe AP can help there be a Hogs renaissance in return :o

I don't trust Alex Smith to keep defenses from stacking the box. He's not going to be much of a threat vertically.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Peterson was a bad fit for their system, but they still were one of the top rushing teams in the league while he was there.

What made him a bad fit is his inability to be a receiver out of the backfield making their Offense predictable with him in the game which was my original point. Jamal Charles would not have had that problem.

Both Kamara (Thompson) and Ingram (you don't have) could catch making Defenses guess what play call was coming.

Archived