Redskins sign Adrian Peterson

49erurtaza

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What made him a bad fit is his inability to be a receiver out of the backfield making their Offense predictable with him in the game which was my original point. Jamal Charles would not have had that problem.

Both Kamara (Thompson) and Ingram (you don't have) could catch making Defenses guess what play call was coming.

I think Petersons more significant downfall is that he struggles to run out of shotgun, preferring to line up 7 yards behind the QB and hitting the LOS at full speed. Peterson is simply too impatient to run many plays out of shotgun or even pistol that might require more patience. The lack of ability as a receiver is bit overblown and didn't limit him as much as his running style does.

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What made him a bad fit is his inability to be a receiver out of the backfield making their Offense predictable with him in the game which was my original point. Jamal Charles would not have had that problem.

Both Kamara (Thompson) and Ingram (you don't have) could catch making Defenses guess what play call was coming.

Peterson has never been a good receiver.  It hasn't prevented him from becoming a top 10 RB all time.  If he has enough left in the tank, it won't matter whether he can be a solid receiving threat or not. If he can produce anywhere close to the way he did in the games against the Bucs, Niners, and Jags last year, that would be a great get for us.  If not, we only signed him for vet min, so who cares?

45 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don't trust Alex Smith to keep defenses from stacking the box. He's not going to be much of a threat vertically.

this is what I was thinking, but we will wait and see. Their D might be a factor in this too because if you can't stop anyone, then we know what happens too .

On 2018-08-23 at 1:35 PM, vikingsrule said:

I don't trust Alex Smith to keep defenses from stacking the box. He's not going to be much of a threat vertically.

will TE Davis be able to exploit the D if this happens? I have heard this about smith over the years, maybe this is the year he and AP  silences the critics

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Peterson looking pretty done. No wonder he wasn't on a roster when he runs like this. Good thing he won't get carries this year.

He's too old. He's been irrelevant for years now and is a bad fit in Gruden's system.

Washington needed to see only one carry from Adrian Peterson to know he’s the best running back on their roster. But for good measure, they handed it to him seven times in a row on their second series and 11 times overall in the first half.

Peterson was the highlight for his new team, which otherwise struggled in falling behind 17-3 at halftime. He ran for 56 yards, including a 15-yarder, and ended up with a 5.1 yards per carry average. Washington had only 110 total yards on 32 snaps in the first half.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/24/adrian-peterson-runs-for-56-yards-on-11-carries/

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The last 3 years?

Uhh 2015 he was an all pro. 2016 he got injured. 2017 he was in bad situations and still had some big games behind a bad line in AZ.

He's still better than most rostered backs in the league, I don't know how that's in question.

Archived