PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

5 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Yeah I took him in the late first round of a money league his rookie season, and then tried again last year as an RB3 and was still disappointed. I won’t be making a hat mistake again this year. 

This. I've been burned on him a few times. I'd rather go for an upside young player in a promising situation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

This. I've been burned on him a few times. I'd rather go for an upside young player in a promising situation. 

Thats pretty much what I take him as.  The random darts on the remaining rookie RBs is such a long shot IMO.  Not to say someone wont become Elijah Mitchell but the odds are so small.  Jones is 25, has been productive enough when given a chance and CEH has not been very good.  The odds of him being productive enough to spot start are about 50%.  The odds of him taking over CEH and the starting tole in a high powered offense are probably 10%. So I like those odds and the fact that he is still young and in a good situation more than whats left of rookies and second year guys.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats pretty much what I take him as.  The random darts on the remaining rookie RBs is such a long shot IMO.  Not to say someone wont become Elijah Mitchell but the odds are so small.  Jones is 25, has been productive enough when given a chance and CEH has not been very good.  The odds of him being productive enough to spot start are about 50%.  The odds of him taking over CEH and the starting tole in a high powered offense are probably 10%. So I like those odds and the fact that he is still young and in a good situation more than whats left of rookies and second year guys.  

Yeah, for sure. It's not that I disagree, but I tend to get player fatigue: if I trust a player, and that player busts, I tend to look elsewhere next time. It's a flaw of mine as it relates to FF, but, eh, it is what it is. I'm good with young dart throws at this point.

• Like 2

This part of the draft always makes me wish we had bigger rosters and/or got to keep everyone. It’s a bit disingenuous to call it a dynasty league - more of a super keeper league. 

There are some developmental type guys that I’d love to draft but it just makes it really hard when you can only keep 12, you know? Unless you’re totally rebuilding. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, for sure. It's not that I disagree, but I tend to get player fatigue: if I trust a player, and that player busts, I tend to look elsewhere next time. It's a flaw of mine as it relates to FF, but, eh, it is what it is. I'm good with young dart throws at this point.

I mean, I did take Allegeir at 1.16, so I am all for darts.  But with what has been drafted so far in this draft, the remaining guys are iffy to make the rosters at this point.  Most years there are 7-10 rookie darts worth throwing and this year that is smaller IMO, given the draft wasn't overly RB strong.  There have already been 13 rookie RBs taken.  So I get throwing darts, but sometimes you have to take the odds.  I dont think Jones was a huge steal, and I would probably have taken all but maybe 2 of those RBs over Jones.  But he has enough upside to be taken at the last pick of the 2nd round. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I mean, I did take Allegeir at 1.16, so I am all for darts.  But with what has been drafted so far in this draft, the remaining guys are iffy to make the rosters at this point.  Most years there are 7-10 rookie darts worth throwing and this year that is smaller IMO, given the draft wasn't overly RB strong.  There have already been 13 rookie RBs taken.  So I get throwing darts, but sometimes you have to take the odds.  I dont think Jones was a huge steal, and I would probably have taken all but maybe 2 of those RBs over Jones.  But he has enough upside to be taken at the last pick of the 2nd round. 

No question at all.

7 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Sure thing, Ronald.

macdonald_ronald_151.jpg

Edited by nagahide13

9 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

We've hit quite the lull here, haven't we? Hope we get a few picks in before the weekend starts. 

It would be nice if we could get 1/2 of the draft completed before the weekend! 😎

We have a few teams that have 2 pk's in this Rd.

Edited by WE-R-Lions

we have 2 hour's before we skip a pick . I've had my popcorn ready for hours  to get my pick ready for selection. Now it's stale and have to make some more! I wish some owners could get a clue that no one in this league is going to trade a next   years pick to move up a few spots unless they are in love with a certain player or position. So lets get this thing moving!! 

• Like 3