PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Think you are wasting your time. Many of us want a league like this so I don't foresee a walkout.

There isn't time to set another one up properly imo.

Some people are partial to players they have on their team already so starting over not option for many.

So we are kinda over a barrel and it is what it is 

11 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Think you are wasting your time. Many of us want a league like this so I don't foresee a walkout.

Some people are partial to players they have on their team already so starting over not option for many.

I mean...or we convince these two knuckleheads to do what's best for the league? 

• Like 1

Just now, SimsZilla said:

Yeah im waiting for more input before I make a decision for myself tbh

Same. It doesn't take more than a couple of these types of movies to just completely ruin a league. 

3 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I mean...or we convince these two knuckleheads to do what's best for the league? 

Doubtful. You've seen the defense of the move. 

the rhetoric all off season about things changing etc without votes.

it is what it is 

27 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I for one am not partial to being bent over a barrel hanging on to my ankles and spell run. I have other leagues and things to do than be apart of something like this. So we will see how it plays out. 

Just now, X_Factor_40 said:

Forgot to post it the other day before the draft, but @Lionized and I agreed to a deal. 

He gets:
2024: 1.16
2025: 1st 
2025 3rd
TE: Cade Otton
WR: Alec Pierce

I Get:
2024: 1.9
TE: Schultz
WR: Wicks
2025: 4th
2025: 5th

I accept pleasure as always! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Forgot to post it the other day before the draft, but @Lionized and I agreed to a deal. 

He gets:
2024: 1.16
2025: 1st 
2025 3rd
TE: Cade Otton
WR: Alec Pierce

I Get:
2024: 1.9
TE: Schultz
WR: Wicks
2025: 4th
2025: 5th

You loading up for Richardson offer I see . I kid 

• Like 1

Some more Reddit comments: 

"Ooofff, I’d call that out in the league chat. Looks super SUS"

"I don’t see why this trade would ever occur, but if the owner is just an idiot then I wouldn’t veto due to collusion."

"That is suspicious af"

"It feels collusion’y, since it is a lateral trade, position wise, of a top tier player for a bottom tier player.

People can make rational value-downgrade trades to fill a positional need (“I’m loaded at te but blank at rb so I’ll trade Laporta for Cook…”) but it doesn’t make any sense to trade a highly desirable player at a position for an undesirable player at that same position and throw-in pieces of very little value."

"that should not fly. theres no defense of that deal"

"Yeah I’d quit and not pay anything collusion at it’s finest"

So we're up to what, like 15-ish people weighing in between league members, other posters on this forum, and a couple of subreddits. Pretty much every single one thinks that it's an insane trade and many suspect collusion. 

Still not much of substance from either of the two that made the trade, including absolute radio silence from one of them. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 3

On 3/30/2024 at 11:52 AM, WE-R-Lions said:

@X_Factor_40 @winitall @sammymvpknight @Lionized @CalLionsFan @LionsRock @SimsZilla @Sllim Pickens @TL-TwoWinsAway @nagahide13 @detfan782004 @Irish Ninja @Foooooooootball @Hagar@Lions017

On 04/01/24 Monday after the Easter Holiday we can start the League!!

As usual all trades need to be posted & excepted on the Forum for now, this may not be needed with Sleeper moving forward?

New this year:

All teams need to make their trades thru Sleeper so Sleeper can track player(s) & Pick trades for the future.

Sleeper allows traded pks for the current year & 2 future years. this setting can't be changed on the site. We will stay with allowing the current year & one future year pks to be traded.

Have fun & good luck!   

On March 30th we established that we still need to be accepting all trades on the forum as well as sleeper. 

This is a solid example of why it's important for everyone to remain diligent in regards to posting and accepting trades on the forum, and not only on sleeper. While I'm typically a no veto under any circumstance type LM and owner, this seems to be a unique situation where we should have some input from both sides of this deal as to what the thought process was. 

I'd like to hear a little more reasoning from the side that gave up Lamar. He was arguably his best player. I would understand it more if the picks were higher and there were several of them, or he was getting back a young impact player at WR or something. Perhaps I'm just not seeing what he was seeing - would be curious to hear so that we can better understand. I think most would agree that it would help put things to rest and align with our league protocol. 

Reddit seems to be emphatically against the deal, lol.

Edited by X_Factor_40
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

On March 30th we established that we still need to be accepting all trades on the forum as well as sleeper. 

This is a solid example of why it's important for everyone to remain diligent in regards to posting and accepting trades on the forum, and not only on sleeper. While I'm typically a no veto under any circumstance type LM and owner, this seems to be a unique situation where we should have some input from both sides of this deal as to what the thought process was. 

I'd like to hear a little more reasoning from the side that gave up Lamar. He was arguably his best player. I would understand it more if the picks were higher and there were several of them, or he was getting back a young impact player at WR or something. Perhaps I'm just not seeing what he was seeing - would be curious to hear so that we can better understand. I think most would agree that it would help put things to rest and align with our league protocol. 

Reddit seems to be emphatically against the deal, lol.

I have Lamar in the Dirty dozen league. Well I had him. I traded him last year for a 1st for what it's worth 

ingot JSN , Russel Wilson and a 1st in 12 team league 

Edited by detfan782004