Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Weird.  I haven’t noticed any less injuries from these new rules.  Just injured in different areas.  Obviously an injury to the lower half is better than an injury to the head (in the majority of cases) but aside from that, the game isn’t any safer. 

14 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Weird.  I haven’t noticed any less injuries from these new rules.  Just injured in different areas.  Obviously an injury to the lower half is better than an injury to the head (in the majority of cases) but aside from that, the game isn’t any safer. 

That’s the unfortunate truth.  It’s a violent game and you can’t regulate the violence out of it 

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

This just tries to protect against Shazier-like injuries.   That's the goal here.  Which is admirable in theory.   Just won't address the many other ways guys  get hurt.

There's probably going to be a beneficial effect to help promote "see the numbers, make the tackle" reinforcement, but that's going to take time.  It also won't prevent injuries like this, either.  Just a violent game (although the targeting aspect isn't great below, just an example of how it's hard to take the violent nature out of the game).

Edited by Broncofan

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Re: Survivor imagine all the guys who picked PIT.   

If Green Bay had lost in 1 pool we'd have lost 3/4 of the pool (60 guys in there).  As it was with PIT and NO we lost 40 percent.   Reminds me of 2016, I think we had 3-4 pools here, so many upsets.

I have never really done a Survivor pool - so it is based on the WIN not the LOSS? As in a tie would eliminate the Steelers? Interesting, 

1 hour ago, Royal_VT said:

I have never really done a Survivor pool - so it is based on the WIN not the LOSS? As in a tie would eliminate the Steelers? Interesting, 

It’s different for diff pools. But yeah all the ones I’m in they said at start you have to win.  Ppl not happy there lol. 

Edited by Broncofan

Interested to see if that Raiders Offensive collapse was due to:

a) Predictable Offense that is easy to adjust to
b) Wade Phillips just being excellent at his job, thus made adjustments
c) Lack of talent
d) Combination of some/all of the above

One thing is for sure - that pass rush is lacking and the Secondary is paper thin. If we can hold up against their power run game then we should be in great position to win next week. 

Jared Cook could put up big numbers on us though ....

26 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Interested to see if that Raiders Offensive collapse was due to:

a) Predictable Offense that is easy to adjust to
b) Wade Phillips just being excellent at his job, thus made adjustments
c) Lack of talent
d) Combination of some/all of the above

One thing is for sure - that pass rush is lacking and the Secondary is paper thin. If we can hold up against their power run game then we should be in great position to win next week. 

Jared Cook could put up big numbers on us though ....

I think With cooper playing like last year we gotta put CHJ on Cook

7 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I think With cooper playing like last year we gotta put CHJ on Cook

Well keep in mind Peters covered Coop.  TBH Carr was the big problem in the 2H.  Seeing ghosts.   Bailing out early.  

Cook is going to be an issue for us but bracketing him will help a ton. Or Simmons shadow coverage -  I think he is up to the task, LAR S Johnson was giving up a huge size/height advantage all night long (INT was a bad underthrow by Carr).  Simmons profiles as a better matchup than Johnson.  

Harris on Coop & Simmons on Cook I’d feel good about.   The big thing is get heat on Carr - he’s a shell of his 2016 self...when Musgrave was OC.  The more I see Carr regress the more I’m impressed with what Musgrave did there - I really think he’s our next HC.   

Guess I should save that for the GD thread.  If only the poster who started Week 1 would start Week 2’s thread...jerk.  

Edited by Broncofan