Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

16 hours ago, germ-x said:

Yes he is.  Ranked the #5 OT by ProFootballFocus.  He’s been absolute garbage the last two weeks when I’ve been able to watch.

Now, he may have been great in the weeks leading up to that, but he’s had 2 big time holding penalties in crucial moments in each of the past 2 games while also getting beat like a drum by Julius Peppers and TJ Watt.

So I read an article the other day that said Bolles has a 97% pass blocking efficiency and is the 7th rated LT in that regard. Know if there's any truth to that?

I've got about 250 bucks on the line in my pick em league this week...no spread, just straight up...I'm down so I need to make up one game to split and two games to win. I forgot 3 Thursday games this season that would have been lay ups and forfeited 3 points :(:(

I think it's a pretty easy week smh. The only two I was up in the air about were Tamba/Atl (went ATL) and Colts/Titans (leaning Colts rn)

Anyone have any strong opinions on this weekends games? I knew I should have picked the Raiders last week but I wanted to have good vibes on xmas smh 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I've got about 250 bucks on the line in my pick em league this week...no spread, just straight up...I'm down so I need to make up one game to split and two games to win. I forgot 3 Thursday games this season that would have been lay ups and forfeited 3 points :(:(

I think it's a pretty easy week smh. The only two I was up in the air about were Tamba/Atl (went ATL) and Colts/Titans (leaning Colts rn)

Anyone have any strong opinions on this weekends games? I knew I should have picked the Raiders last week but I wanted to have good vibes on xmas smh 

If you need an upset to differentiate, I’d be looking at the Jags to beat Houston or Buffalo to beat the Phins 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

If you need an upset to differentiate, I’d be looking at the Jags to beat Houston or Buffalo to beat the Phins 

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

Do you know what your opponents are likely to go?   Regardless of how you feel, you may have to go contrarian just to make up ground.   I do like IND much more than TEN, even on the road.   Hard to take Mariota & TEN's underachievers vs. Luck.  Given that ATL is on the road, I'd be tempted to go Tampa to get that contrarian pick.   I agree with @paul-mac about BUF over MIA - MIA is missing a lot of CB's, and they have looked so flat after that miracle W vs. NE Week 14.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Do you know what your opponents are likely to go?   Regardless of how you feel, you may have to go contrarian just to make up ground.   I do like IND much more than TEN, even on the road.   Hard to take Mariota & TEN's underachievers vs. Luck.  Given that ATL is on the road, I'd be tempted to go Tampa to get that contrarian pick.   I agree with @paul-mac about BUF over MIA - MIA is missing a lot of CB's, and they have looked so flat after that miracle W vs. NE Week 14.

I know that my opponent leans heavily to the home teams. I've got Buffalo. I'm hoping he takes TENN and I think looking at taking Tampa might be a good call. 

Jags/Houston is interesting, but HOU needs to win and they are at home.....not sure I see any others. Cleveland in Baltimore? Det in GB? I've got Giants over Cowboys, but Giants are favored.....Also have Vikings over Chi 

4 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

I think the range is 8-16. 

Assuming we lose, we wont pick lower than 12.

47 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

I think 7th is the highest we can possibly go.

Realistically we probably pick in the 10-12 range if we lose - because SoS difference is too great to make up in the teams that we would be tied with.   All the games are intradivisional, so basically 2 winners & 2 losers in each division.   There are a few unique teams in each schedule, but not enough to make up the difference.

The most likely outcome is 11-12....a few good breaks, and #10 is reachable, but more likely it's 11-12.

If you want to track it - Tankathon is your friend.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

This is why Oklahoma (and even Notre Dame, but you couldn’t keep them out because they were undefeated) should’ve never been in this playoff.  They don’t have the overall talent to compete.  Georgia should’ve been in easily over Oklahoma.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, germ-x said:

This is why Oklahoma (and even Notre Dame, but you couldn’t keep them out because they were undefeated) should’ve never been in this playoff.  They don’t have the overall talent to compete.  Georgia should’ve been in easily over Oklahoma.  

Why even have a regular season if wins and losses don't matter? Just have Alabama, Clemson and Georgia play a year long round robin. 

11 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Why even have a regular season if wins and losses don't matter? Just have Alabama, Clemson and Georgia play a year long round robin. 

Have the best teams play.  Isn’t that hard, anyone can see or even look at a stat sheet and see who the best teams are.  OUs defense is a joke and literally everyone knew ‘Bamas defense would stomp the OU offense.  Talent wise there just isn’t a matchup there.  Ohio State would’ve given ‘Bama a far better matchup.

OU got in because Lincoln Riley is a hot name (who just got disrespected by a player on the sideline, not an NFL HC and his team is completely out of control) Urban Meyers isn’t  and Kyler Murray’s story and stats.

If Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia continue to have the best teams in college football then they should be in the playoff every year until they don’t field those types of teams.

Isnt that the point of crowning a champion?