Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Personally, I don’t consider him to be worthy of that group if we’re just talking about individual dominance. A career full of great accomplishments and big wins yes, but the wow factor and blowing away the competition in real time has not been part of the Brady experience the way it was with those other guys. 

The only thing that’s made me question putting him in the tier below that group is the potential to one-up every team on Sunday. That’s mind-blowing. But I’m still iffy because I’ve never watched Brady and thought “this is the pinnacle of NFL quarterback play” the way I have with Manning, Rodgers and Mahomes.

I agree. With Brady, there has been a lot of luck involved, and a lot of referee assistance. The NFC Title Game was another example. His defense was allowed to hold GB receivers, and his offensive line got away with holding on a few occasions, including the pass interference play on GB that sealed it. It's sad that fans ignore this and just give Brady all the credit for the team's success.

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

2 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

You’ve got to be kidding me 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Don’t let your homerism cloud your judgement here. We’re not talking about marketing aesthetics,  we’re talking about 10 Super Bowl appearances, countless MVPs, countless records and playing at an elite level way into his forties. If you’re still trying to come up with excuses to devalidate him as belonging to the elitist of elite athletes of all time you’re either naive, in denial or both. 

I HATED Brady and the Patriots and couldn’t wait for their dominance to end but I’m not going to let my emotions obscure the fact that I think he’s the most dominant NFL player of all time. If that’s not upper echelon than I don’t know what is. 

You have no idea what you’re talking about with the homer/emotions nonsense. I’ve called Brady great since his second ring and have defended him to Broncos fans for nearly two decades. In all seriousness, did you mean to respond to someone else with that post? It made zero sense as a response to mine.

With that cleared up, go ahead and read what I actually wrote. The upper tier for me (remember, this is subjective) is reserved for the athletes who were miles apart from their closest competition in the time they dominated. Brady never has been. You could easily argue that Manning, Rodgers and now Mahomes were playing at a higher level than Brady in most seasons. Keep in mind I’ve already said Brady is the GOAT quarterback so your reaction here is pretty weird.

1 hour ago, Zukhyubern said:

Broncos fans will go the greatest lengths to deny Brady’s greatness it’s truly hilarious 😂 

I called him the greatest quarterback of all time and only said I’m not sure he’d be one of the four or five most dominant athletes EVER. Yeah, such great lengths...

Edited by BroncoBruin

2 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I agree. With Brady, there has been a lot of luck involved, and a lot of referee assistance. The NFC Title Game was another example. His defense was allowed to hold GB receivers, and his offensive line got away with holding on a few occasions, including the pass interference play on GB that sealed it. It's sad that fans ignore this and just give Brady all the credit for the team's success.

Okay I don’t agree with this. Brady has had the best career of any QB of all time. That’s undeniable. He checks every box. Great peaks, longevity, championships, clutch moments, did it with tons of different guys. That’s why he’s #1 for me. 

But my apparently controversial take is that he’s not Jordan. He’s not Gretzky. He’s not Tiger. Those guys didn’t just check the boxes and win a ton, nobody was even close to them when they were great. With Brady it’s been more steady resume building. At a certain point the accomplishments become impossible to brush aside. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Okay I don’t agree with this. Brady has had the best career of any QB of all time. That’s undeniable. He checks every box. Great peaks, longevity, championships, clutch moments, did it with tons of different guys. That’s why he’s #1 for me. 

But my apparently controversial take is that he’s not Jordan. He’s not Gretzky. He’s not Tiger. Those guys didn’t just check the boxes and win a ton, nobody was even close to them when they were great. With Brady it’s been more steady resume building. At a certain point the accomplishments become impossible to brush aside. 

I don't think Brady has the same Lure if he was a first round pick. There's something so American about a blue collar guy who was a 6th round pick and worried he was gonna be an insurance salesman. I think players gravitate to that. 

I mean Steve Marruci once said Brady was working out at a local HS and kids getting recruited to college were out playing him lol. There is something to be said about that . He really has been the epitome of an American dream. I'm not gonna compare him to a lottery winner bc he's worked for everything he got but that's the analogy I get.

I don't think there are many athletes that compare in other sports but that's football in general.

I mean Gary Brakett is another amazing story local guy to me and you literally can't write a better story than he's lived. That's why I love football Soo much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I’ve called Brady great since his second ring

Really? He wasn't really that great that year. He almost threw five INT's in the AFC Title Game.

In NE, Brady was always a cog in the machine, but he wasn't the one driving the machine.

• Like 2

I think a big thing that separates Brady from Manning besides Brady having the elite Defenses is I feel like Manning kinda got pass happy sometimes to his detremint Jeff Saturday flipped on him in a title game for it.

Brady just wants to win at all cost just a gladiator of a competitor. The best Brady stories are when he's sitting in a locker room and a highly respected player/s like Devin White are butt hurt about a probowl vote, and Brady is Just like I'm worried about another Bowl it gets me as a fan fired up lmao.

4 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Really? He wasn't really that great that year. He almost threw five INT's in the AFC Title Game.

In NE, Brady was always a cog in the machine, but he wasn't the one driving the machine.

He brought out the best of the team around him and is the ultimate competitor though. How many other QBs score 3 points total in the first quarter of a Superbowls and still wins. Unbelievable.

Edited by thebestever6

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Really. While you harp on interceptions that didn’t happen, I seem to remember 350 yards and 3 TDs in a close Super Bowl win when his defense couldn’t get stops late. The Panthers game is when everyone should have bought in.

Sorry man but I think your Brady truther takes are nuts. And you can’t really play the Ernie Adams angle anymore now that Brady’s taken another team to a Super Bowl. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

6 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Lmfao is this Barry mkcockiner ? Dude is a spectacle.

17 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Really. While you harp on interceptions that didn’t happen, I seem to remember 350 yards and 3 TDs in a close Super Bowl win when his defense couldn’t get stops late. The Panthers game is when everyone should have bought in.

Sorry man but I think your Brady truther takes are nuts. And you can’t really play the Ernie Adams angle anymore now that Brady’s taken another team to a Super Bowl. 

On the backs of the refs. And, while he did throw for three TD's in that SB, he also had a key red zone INT with NE up 21-10. You only look at what Brady did do, and you don't look at the mistakes and shortcomings.

What about the fact that his team lost two SB's to the Giants: One where a prolific offense only scored 14 points, and another where he lost to a 9-7 team (the only QB to lose to a 9-7 team in the Super Bowl).