Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Tony dungys coaching tree is sooooo small lol. Is he the head coach in the hof with the smallest coaching tree?

And Tomlin was in Tampa with him before Peyton. So why is that did teams not think his coordinators made an impact?

Say what you will about the Patriot failed coordinators turned head coaches there are some with success. But at least they got chances

12 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Dang Vic fangio is odds on favorite to be the first coach fired or resign. That kinda shocked me like Paton would definitely let him finish the season u hope

Looking at the number of first and second year coaches out there, I don’t see many obvious hot seat candidates. Fangio and Mike McCarthy are probably the only two coaches in the league who come into the season on a clear hot seat. Zac Taylor as well but I’d imagine he at least gets the whole season given Burrow’s injury. 

Just now, paul-mac said:

Looking at the number of first and second year coaches out there, I don’t see many obvious hot seat candidates. Fangio and Mike McCarthy are probably the only two coaches in the league who come into the season on a clear hot seat. Zac Taylor as well but I’d imagine he at least gets the whole season given Burrow’s injury. 

I don't see how Fangio doesn't get a whole season 

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I think he most likely will, although it’s a playoff or bust year. I could see Klint Kubiak being our next head coach. 

I think it would be more likely with Elway running the show than with Paton, but Paton does know Gary from his time in Minnesota. I do think Klint has future HC written all over him though, I’ve heard some comparing him to Kyle. 

33 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I think it would be more likely with Elway running the show than with Paton, but Paton does know Gary from his time in Minnesota. I do think Klint has future HC written all over him though, I’ve heard some comparing him to Kyle. 

Paton will know Klint as well, he was the QB coach last season and just got promoted to OC. Plus Elway is still in the building, he’s just not the GM anymore. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, paul-mac said:

Paton will know Klint as well, he was the QB coach last season and just got promoted to OC. Plus Elway is still in the building, he’s just not the GM anymore. 

The other option that I don't think we discuss enough realistically is that maybe the Broncos really, really like Fangio and want to surround him with a ton of talent to succeed. 

14 hours ago, broncos67 said:

The other option that I don't think we discuss enough realistically is that maybe the Broncos really, really like Fangio and want to surround him with a ton of talent to succeed. 

I think it's a great point. His teams always seem well prepared and well coached. He seems to have a knack for developing players and maximizing their talent. Toss in his ability to dial up a decent D with limited talent and there's a lot to like.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I think it's a great point. His teams always seem well prepared and well coached. He seems to have a knack for developing players and maximizing their talent. Toss in his ability to dial up a decent D with limited talent and there's a lot to like.

Was that new offensive quality control coach hired to manage the clock and what not? I'm not really sure what their job description is.