Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

52 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Baltimore has a one-game lead for the one seed but they go to Jacksonville and to San Fran before hosting Miami and Pittsburgh. Miami has a road trip to Baltimore and hosts the Jets, Cowboys and Bills.

KC's schedule is much for favorable - at NE, vs LV, vs CIN and at LAC. 

That loss last night could really come back to haunt the Dolphins. 

Worse for BAL is that while they have a 2-game lead on KC, in any scenario where KC catches up, the Chiefs win the tiebreaker with both the Ravens and Chiefs (better conference record vs BAL, h2h vs. MIA, 3-way tie goes to KC as well). 

We had a setup where both BAL & MIA could have been ahead of KC, and then had them on the road for a Divisional series game.   Now there's a real chance if KC runs the table they get the 2 seed and a home game if they win the WC match.  And a legit path to the 1 seed.   Ugh.

Edited by Broncofan

21 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Saw that te Broncos have generated 18 sacks over the past 3 games...impressive. However, how many of those have been from our D-line ?? 

I have it at 15 Over the last 3 games (6 against the chargers, 5 against the Texans, 4 against the Browns) of those I have it at 3 for the DL (2.5 for Allen) and 6 each for the LBs and DBs. 

40 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I have it at 15 Over the last 3 games (6 against the chargers, 5 against the Texans, 4 against the Browns) of those I have it at 3 for the DL (2.5 for Allen) and 6 each for the LBs and DBs. 

Still OK with 15, but only 3 from the DL is a bit troublesome (or at the least identifies a huge need). 2.5 from Allen is not bad either and I do realize the scheme is a big part of it, but we need an influx of actual D-line talent IMO

58 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

ESPN agrees with ya.

22 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Still OK with 15, but only 3 from the DL is a bit troublesome (or at the least identifies a huge need). 2.5 from Allen is not bad either and I do realize the scheme is a big part of it, but we need an influx of actual D-line talent IMO

Unfortunately it's not a great draft for impact interior DL, at least not at the top.   It's our biggest need, but may need to strike gold in R3-4 on a developmental guy, kinda like how CHI did with Dexter (pick 53, though, but man what an impact guy).

20 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

The distribution doesn't bother me. Pretty typical for a 3-4. I agree completely that we need some young talent. Looking at our 6 man rotation we have 1-3rd rd pick, 2- 6th rounders and 3-CFA's. 

Huge props to Marcus Dixon. I was really unsure of how well he'd do without Kollars input but apparently he's learned pretty well. For the talent he's got to work with he's done a remarkable job. 

Oh, a total of 9 different payers contributed to the sack total. That speaks volumes for how well VJ has learned Vic's defense. Won't it be nice going into an offseason not worrying about who will fill the coaching roles next year? Personally I'm ecstatic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Unfortunately it's not a great draft for impact interior DL, at least not at the top.   It's our biggest need, but may need to strike gold in R3-4 on a developmental guy, kinda like how CHI did with Dexter (pick 53, though, but man what an impact guy).

I really like Newton in the mid first but outside of him I agree. That being said there’s a couple guys projected to go in the second that I love! T’Vondre Sweat would be a huge (literally) presence at nose. He’s been the MVP of the longhorns this season. Michael Hall Jr is a prototypical 5 that reminds me so much of Malik Jackson. I would love to trade back with a Philly, GB, or Wash and get a late 1st and 2nd or in the case of wash 2 early seconds and grab both of these guys.

@The Helicopter if someone were to meet with their doctor to talk about heart issues I would start with the following questions:

What is the nature of the problem: is this a structural issue? Electrical (heart rythm)? An issue with “squeeze” (known by the  unnecessarily terrifying name of congestive heart failure)? A blood flow issue (Coronary artery disease, angina)?

are there any lifestyle modifications I can make to reverse or halt progression of this disease? Are there any triggers I should avoid? 

are there other comorbidities (disease processes) that I may have/be on the way to having that could make this worse? What can I do to address these?

finally (and this is at the end for a reason, because people tend to focus on the medications when it’s the least important aspect) what medications should I take for this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I really like Newton in the mid first but outside of him I agree. That being said there’s a couple guys projected to go in the second that I love! T’Vondre Sweat would be a huge (literally) presence at nose. He’s been the MVP of the longhorns this season. Michael Hall Jr is a prototypical 5 that reminds me so much of Malik Jackson. I would love to trade back with a Philly, GB, or Wash and get a late 1st and 2nd or in the case of wash 2 early seconds and grab both of these guys.

Yeah the issue imo is that Newton stands out so much someone likely reaches.  It’s hard for me to justify a top 10 pick.   I don’t see him there when we are on the board.    It really makes a diff where we pick if we’re close to 20 it’s hard to see a good fit.  In that scenario trading back makes way more sense.   Just always a Q of finding the dance partner.  

On 12/12/2023 at 9:07 PM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

@The Helicopter if someone were to meet with their doctor to talk about heart issues I would start with the following questions:

What is the nature of the problem: is this a structural issue? Electrical (heart rythm)? An issue with “squeeze” (known by the  unnecessarily terrifying name of congestive heart failure)? A blood flow issue (Coronary artery disease, angina)?

are there any lifestyle modifications I can make to reverse or halt progression of this disease? Are there any triggers I should avoid? 

are there other comorbidities (disease processes) that I may have/be on the way to having that could make this worse? What can I do to address these?

finally (and this is at the end for a reason, because people tend to focus on the medications when it’s the least important aspect) what medications should I take for this?

UK has covered all of the key Q’s but I’ll add one more - ask specifically about exercise programs.    If you have a chronic heart condition there are lifestyle changes & preventative treatments & medications - but the factor that most influences outcome in quality of life with chronic illness is your physical fitness.  

What’s challenging in many heart conditions is they can limit what you can do - but improving your functional fitness modulates chronic disease to a great extent.    On the flip side losing functional fitness by being bed-bound even for short periods of time can greatly alter quality of life (stroke, fall & hip fracture, being put on a ventilator, etc.).    If your disease is chronic but stable improving your physical fitness often is the key to living longer and living well.    The key though is trying to tackle all the elements - lifestyle, exercise as tolerated, preventative measures to slow worsening, and yes, medical therapy.   

Hope that helps, good luck.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I think it shows just how talented Herbert is. Reminds me of the early Elway years, hiding a terrible offense

I wonder if Herbert regrets signing his extension with the Chargers. That organization has been a mess for as long as I can remember. Guys like Tomlinson and Rivers spent their entire careers there and never even got to an AFCCG. Eli (and Archie) was smart to make the Chargers trade him. 

A guy of Herbert's talents could have hit the open market, got paid whatever he demanded and chose his destination. He could have opted for really any but, what, 5 or 6 (KC, Cincy, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Houston, Philly) teams who already have young franchise QBs? 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican