Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Agreed. Alongside New England and Las Vegas, Cleveland is my most hated organization in the league. 

I don't really hate them, but I do think the owner Jimmy Haslem deserves every struggle thrown his way.    From Johnny Manziel advice from a homeless man, to Hue Jackson - fiasco, and now this.  

Brown fans deserve a lot better though.   That's a lot of pain to throw on 1 fanbase lol. 

Edited by Broncofan

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I don't really hate them, but I do think the owner Jimmy Haslem deserves every struggle thrown his way.    From Johnny Manziel advice from a homeless man, to Hue Jackson - fiasco, and now this.  

Brown fans deserve a lot better though.   That's a lot of pain to throw on 1 fanbase lol. 

I don’t hate the fan base, I hate the organization. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Just started reading A Clockwork Orange this morning (nadsat is driving me nuts) and it got me thinking, is anyone still in touch with @ClockWorkOrange? That guy was amazing. I think you’re my best shot, @AKRNA

I actually got a PM from him about a month ago. I'm with you, I'd love to have him posting here again. Very, very knowledgeable fan. Maybe a PM from you could get him back here. Worth a shot.

• Like 2

For real, some of us liked McDaniels(at first), some of us liked Vance, some liked Fangio, some liked Dennison. Some of those topics might’ve been contentious but at least brought some discussion to the board. Past 8 years this place has mostly just been us getting worn down by the ineptitude of the franchise.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

For real, some of us liked McDaniels(at first), some of us liked Vance, some liked Fangio, some liked Dennison. Some of those topics might’ve been contentious but at least brought some discussion to the board. Past 8 years this place has mostly just been us getting worn down by the ineptitude of the franchise.  

I think that's probably pretty true. Timing wise it parallels Bowlens succumbing to Alzheimers.

We've been in limbo since about 2015. It's quite a tough act to follow for the Waltons. That said, they seem to be making a lot of good decisions for the franchise. We should revisit this in about 5 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

I forgot about @ClockWorkOrange.  Same with guys like  @Joe_is_the_best and @elliot878? I feel like there are quite a few posters who just kind of disappeared. I know I haven't been posting here long, but I have been lurking since I was about 14. 

This talk about past posters reminded me of one post, probably the only one I remember, over a decade ago that to this day makes me laugh. 

I can't remember why exactly, but I'd apologized for something in a post. Anyway, this guy "ARMY" responded with something like "Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness". I saw it the next day and thought of responding (how do you respond to that?). Then I read the post beneath it. Our buddy @lomaxgrUK had beaten me to it. I can't remember exactly what he said but basically chewed him up one side and down the other. 

No way was I going to respond after that. Too tough an act to follow and I was laughing too hard.  Do you remember that George? Maybe you can recall your response? It was priceless!

• Like 3

On 11/19/2023 at 5:47 AM, AKRNA said:

This talk about past posters reminded me of one post, probably the only one I remember, over a decade ago that to this day makes me laugh. 

I can't remember why exactly, but I'd apologized for something in a post. Anyway, this guy "ARMY" responded with something like "Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness". I saw it the next day and thought of responding (how do you respond to that?). Then I read the post beneath it. Our buddy @lomaxgrUK had beaten me to it. I can't remember exactly what he said but basically chewed him up one side and down the other. 

No way was I going to respond after that. Too tough an act to follow and I was laughing too hard.  Do you remember that George? Maybe you can recall your response? It was priceless!

Not a clue unfortunately!