Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

I have to say this.  I love the Nuggets.  I grew up in Denver when it was just the Broncos and Nuggets, oh and the Zephyrs.  No Rockies, no Avs..no Mammoth. 

And I have to say, it feels weird that the Nuggets seem to be the team to beat.  I have a hard time fathoming that they could be the best team in the league, and might be the next best team like the Warriors' run.  They also looked amazing last night, but I still don't trust them.  Thank you, 90s Nuggets!

• Like 3

Since he's a COL product, nice to see Trey McBride with a breakout game.   And for you fantasy owners, yes, he's worth a big bid (I picked him up 2 games ago, before the Ertz injury news when he started taking over more snaps, I bet on him last week to beat his props too lol).    Even when Ertz comes back,  McBride was winning the job, with more snaps/targets, and 4 YPC more than Ertz (because he makes guys miss with YAC ability).  NGL, wish we had a YAC guy like him on our team (his other skills aren't that special, but he does have solid hands, good routes, and unlike Ertz, he can make the first guy miss).

Nice CSU alumnus story unfolding here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Since he's a COL product, nice to see Trey McBride with a breakout game.   And for you fantasy owners, yes, he's worth a big bid (I picked him up 2 games ago, before the Ertz injury news when he started taking over more snaps, I bet on him last week to beat his props too lol).    Even when Ertz comes back,  McBride was winning the job, with more snaps/targets, and 4 YPC more than Ertz (because he makes guys miss with YAC ability).  NGL, wish we had a YAC guy like him on our team (his other skills aren't that special, but he does have solid hands, good routes, and unlike Ertz, he can make the first guy miss).

I lost this week by 20points. McBride got 25 in PPR... against me. I'm not a McBride fan right now haha

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:22 AM, Broncofan said:

I watched him up close throughout his CSU career (we're alums and have season seats) I knew he going to take a while but if a team was patient and worked with him he could be a difference maker. I was excited to see that the other day. 

While the Russ and Payton trades are certainly up there in terms of most egregious trades(Moreso the russ trade), I can honestly say I am glad that I'm not a Bears fan. First the claypool debacle and now trading a high second for Sweat(he is good i'll admit) in a contract year when they are 100% not in contending window. Paton's trades at least had some potential benefit. Make it make sense. 

47 minutes ago, MontanaBronco said:

While the Russ and Payton trades are certainly up there in terms of most egregious trades(Moreso the russ trade), I can honestly say I am glad that I'm not a Bears fan. First the claypool debacle and now trading a high second for Sweat(he is good i'll admit) in a contract year when they are 100% not in contending window. Paton's trades at least had some potential benefit. Make it make sense. 

I think they are looking to re-sign Sweat and have him work in their system to get some reps in before next year when they draft Caleb with the Panthers pick. It's honestly pretty smart to try to get the guys they want before then so they can just plug and play

20 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

I think they are looking to re-sign Sweat and have him work in their system to get some reps in before next year when they draft Caleb with the Panthers pick. It's honestly pretty smart to try to get the guys they want before then so they can just plug and play

Idk that I agree for these reasons. 1. You are giving up all leverage in negotiations, basically have to offer him top of what he feels he can get on open market because there is nothing stopping him from deciding to test the market.  2. High second round picks are pretty valuable and you have the opportunity to add a player there that can contribute at a high level while being on a cheap rookie contract. 3. They are clearly more than a few pieces away from contention. Nothing is stopping you from building a better roster through the draft. Then if it seems you are missing one or two pieces two years from now go out and buy and do what you are prematurely doing now with the sweat trade. 

Edited by MontanaBronco

Just now, MontanaBronco said:

Idk that I agree for these reasons. 1. You are giving up all leverage in negotiations, basically have to offer him top of what he feels he can get on open market because there is nothing stopping him from deciding to test the market.  2. High second round picks are pretty valuable and you have the opportunity to add a player their that can contribute at a high level while being on a cheap rookie contract. 3. They are clearly more than a few pieces away from contention. Nothing is stopping you from building a better roster through the draft. Then if it seems you are missing one or two pieces two years from now then go out and buy and do what you are prematurely doing now with the sweat trade. 

Ya they definitely must love Sweat or just think the DE options in the draft are no where near as good cause I agree, their 2nd is going to basically act like a late 1st. 

18 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Ya they definitely must love Sweat or just think the DE options in the draft are no where near as good cause I agree, their 2nd is going to basically act like a late 1st. 

Hopefully it works out for them. I'm definitely in the wait until the offseason(take whoever you want with the 2nd round pick) and then throw the bag at sweat if you think he is exactly what you need. 

If they do sign him the deal is meh, but if they don't its an absolute disaster. 

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You were right.

- Raider fans.

You gotta wonder if the last straw was MNF, losing the locker room (1st quote below) or if it was McD (who has full personnel control) holding out on dealing Josh Jacobs when it’s clear he isn’t making a diff on this team and likely to leave.  

Either way sometimes you need to lose the battle to win the war.  No way Raiders could move forward without moving on from the McDisaster.  

Maybe now orgs have learned he’s only an OC and should never be a HC ever again?  We’ll see lol. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Idk that I agree for these reasons. 1. You are giving up all leverage in negotiations, basically have to offer him top of what he feels he can get on open market because there is nothing stopping him from deciding to test the market.  2. High second round picks are pretty valuable and you have the opportunity to add a player there that can contribute at a high level while being on a cheap rookie contract. 3. They are clearly more than a few pieces away from contention. Nothing is stopping you from building a better roster through the draft. Then if it seems you are missing one or two pieces two years from now go out and buy and do what you are prematurely doing now with the sweat trade. 

We call this ‘Shiny New Toy’ Syndrome. You give your fans a shiny new toy, something to give them (and the rest of your team) some hope going forward, and you pay a premium price to do it…there’s just no way you can let the player walk over a mill or two. And the agent always knows it. Like, Chicago better be prepared to go to $100M in guarantees, cause that’s gonna be the ask. 

• Like 1