Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

16 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

thankyou @MontanaBronco you are the man I really appreciate that advice!

Of course, glad I could be helpful. Did just want to add that anything in the stock market can be volatile and you can be almost certain that the market will have some downswings in the future. Unless you absolutely need the money right in that moment, resist the urge to panic sell when a downswing does happen. 

I think twitter has, unfortunately, shown how true the old adage of "never meet your heroes" is. Nowadays, you don't need to meet them to realise that you were absolutely wrong to ever look up to them (or in some instances, simply highly respect them).

Chris Harris Jr appears to be such an example. I just think the guy is a massive **** on twitter, to the point of where I actually actively dislike the guy now.

On the field, he's one of my favourite ever Broncos. I just cannot stand the guy at all off the field.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think twitter has, unfortunately, shown how true the old adage of "never meet your heroes" is. Nowadays, you don't need to meet them to realise that you were absolutely wrong to ever look up to them (or in some instances, simply highly respect them).

Chris Harris Jr appears to be such an example. I just think the guy is a massive **** on twitter, to the point of where I actually actively dislike the guy now.

On the field, he's one of my favourite ever Broncos. I just cannot stand the guy at all off the field.

What'd he say?

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What'd he say?

Nothing major, it's more a combination of things that I disagree with. It's not to say everyone else will; but I do.

His latest one is him using a Cole Beasley (yes, him) tweet about an increase in men painting their nails to go on some rant about how "alpha males have been retired".

Why anyone really cares what another man does to his nails, I have no idea, but I think it rather comical that a man who has such a problem with nail painting (which he clearly thinks is exclusively for females), yet he has both of his ears pierced. Who exactly decides which predominant female fashion statements are for "alpha males", and which ones aren't?

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Nothing major, it's more a combination of things that I disagree with. It's not to say everyone else will; but I do.

His latest one is him using a Cole Beasley (yes, him) tweet about an increase in men painting their nails to go on some rant about how "alpha males have been retired".

Why anyone really cares what another man does to his nails, I have no idea, but I think it rather comical that a man who has such a problem with nail painting (which he clearly thinks is exclusively for females), yet he has both of his ears pierced. Who exactly decides which predominant female fashion statements are for "alpha males", and which ones aren't?

My favorite reply to this line of thinking is to turn it back on them: “you have strong opinions on fashion? That’s pretty effeminate”

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Arguably our best position coach. Will be a loss for us and a good hire by the Pats.

Hey do we get a comp pick for this or is it only if they are hired as a head coach?

21 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Hey do we get a comp pick for this or is it only if they are hired as a head coach?

Only GM & HC hires.   So hopefully we can get Parker to stay, and become our DC in the next 1-2 years.   If we lose him now, we get nothing.

14 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I know we’re not in the market for a HC this year, but I just wanted it on record that for the 3rd year in a row 2 of my top 3 candidates are Dan Quinn and Raheem Moore. Hope a smart, not AFCW team, hires them. 

I don’t see the appeal of Dan Quinn. Outside of when he had Kyle & Co. running the offense he was very lackluster. Now, Quinn seems like a great dude, very “players coach” especially for a DC but his tenure with Dallas and Seattle as DC he had elite talent with which to work. 

I’m with you on Raheem though, I like his pedigree. Chargers are likely to hire Harbaugh, however, which scares the hell out of me.

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t see the appeal of Dan Quinn. Outside of when he had Kyle & Co. running the offense he was very lackluster. Now, Quinn seems like a great dude, very “players coach” especially for a DC but his tenure with Dallas and Seattle as DC he had elite talent with which to work. 

I’m with you on Raheem though, I like his pedigree. Chargers are likely to hire Harbaugh, however, which scares the hell out of me.

I think he has a grasp on how to run a team, how to manage big egos. I’ve heard him talk on aspects of leadership and team building and things he would do differently and I liked what I heard. He owns his mistakes. He understands the importance of culture.  He understands that coaching is about teaching. His clock management was an issue early in his stint but improved each season.  His preferred offense is the Shanahan offense. He was linked to Bobby Slowik as his OC of choice last offseason. He can obviously scheme a defense. 

I think if given the opportunity with a patient owner he could do similar work in turning around a moribund franchise that we’re seeing Campbell doing Detroit. I think he’s a perfect fit for Washington or Seattle 

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I think he has a grasp on how to run a team, how to manage big egos. I’ve heard him talk on aspects of leadership and team building and things he would do differently and I liked what I heard. He owns his mistakes. He understands the importance of culture.  He understands that coaching is about teaching. His clock management was an issue early in his stint but improved each season.  His preferred offense is the Shanahan offense. He was linked to Bobby Slowik as his OC of choice last offseason. He can obviously scheme a defense. 

I think if given the opportunity with a patient owner he could do similar work in turning around a moribund franchise that we’re seeing Campbell doing Detroit. I think he’s a perfect fit for Washington or Seattle 

Great 1st paragraph. The true fundamentals of good leadership are so often overlooked in favor of a guys X/O ability, 

• Like 1

For the life of me, I’ll never understand why D-coordinators are so stupid when it comes to defending Travis Kelce. He’s not fast. He’s not particularly agile. He can’t jump out of his shoes. But he IS brilliant at finding gaps in zone defenses. So stop playing him with zone. If I’m a defensive coord, I’m assigning someone on him in man coverage every play of his life. And I’m bracketing him with an extra zone defender every chance I get. Make ANYBODY beat you but him. 

• Like 2

It would suck to have Harbaugh become the LAC coach but it’s wild how teams recycle flawed choices.    Good grief at Raiders signing Tom Telesco as GM when guys like Champ Kelly were finalists.   

Chargers’ underperformance with him at the helm was no coincidence.     They had the most flawed rosters with obv holes the past 10 years that he never prioritized addressing.      His only good fortune was having the team pick early in years with elite guys available (Bosa, Herbert, Slater).    I was initially impressed at his early years but it became so obvious he ignored key parts of a talented roster year and year out.    I’m shocked a division rival would take him TBH.    

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1