Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

The Bears are whittling away as they seek to get underneath the salary cap and accommodate the $18 million franchise tag for receiver Allen Robinson. The NFLPA lists the Bears as $22.4 million over the 2021 salary cap. That doesn’t include the expected release of right tackle Bobby Massie.

It also doesn’t include the $23 million the Bears gained with reworked deals for linebacker Khalil Mack, safety Eddie Jackson and offensive lineman Cody Whitehair, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. The Bears plan to convert base salary into signing bonus money for the players.

Mack, who previously had his contract restructured in 2019, was scheduled to have a team-high salary cap hit of $26.646 million. The restructure will create ridiculous cap hits for Mack in 2022 and 2023. He already was scheduled to count $27.15 million and $25.5 million against the cap in those two years.

His contract is scheduled to expire after the 2024 season. The restructure likely takes Mack out of any potential trade scenarios.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/13/bears-gain-23-million-in-cap-space-with-reworked-deals-for-khalil-mack-others/

On 3/15/2021 at 6:30 AM, swede700 said:

So who's going to end up being their QB, Nick Foles?  

Andy Dalton signed a one-year, $10 million deal with the Bears this week and he shared the biggest reason why he decided to come to Chicago during a Thursday press conference. Dalton said that the team’s message to him before he signed was that there isn’t a plan for a competition for the starting job.

Dalton: “They told me I was the starter. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to come here.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/18/andy-dalton-bears-told-me-i-was-the-starter/

As more details come out about the Bears’ offer for Russell Wilson, it becomes clear that Ryan Pace made a whole lot available to Seahawks GM John Schneider. An early report on Wednesday from Dan Patrick said the Bears offered three first-round picks, a 3rd-round pick and plus two starters, but we didn’t know who those starters were at the time. Now, Jason La Canfora says Pace actually gave Schneider a menu of players to choose from, including Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/nbcsports/russell-wilson-trade-bears-offered-khalil-mack-akiem-hicks-to-seahawks/2464813/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand&_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand&fbclid=IwAR0lO8VGUKvgaXZvUx6gU7ye3cr26Nv77OE5-UTGJeW_6vNdjHQZYNBToiM

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

As more details come out about the Bears’ offer for Russell Wilson, it becomes clear that Ryan Pace made a whole lot available to Seahawks GM John Schneider. An early report on Wednesday from Dan Patrick said the Bears offered three first-round picks, a 3rd-round pick and plus two starters, but we didn’t know who those starters were at the time. Now, Jason La Canfora says Pace actually gave Schneider a menu of players to choose from, including Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/nbcsports/russell-wilson-trade-bears-offered-khalil-mack-akiem-hicks-to-seahawks/2464813/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand&_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand&fbclid=IwAR0lO8VGUKvgaXZvUx6gU7ye3cr26Nv77OE5-UTGJeW_6vNdjHQZYNBToiM

I don’t believe any of that. This screams of a leak by the team to try and save face in front of the fan base. 

Edited by SemperFeist