Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

• 3 weeks later...

With Russell Wilson‘s agent identifying the four teams for which Wilson would waive his no-trade clause, the message becomes clear. If any of those four teams — Raiders, Bears, Saints, Cowboys — want Wilson, now is the time to make a move.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/26/which-of-russell-wilsons-four-preferred-teams-will-make-a-move-to-get-him/

When Russell Wilson‘s agent put out word that he was willing to accept a trade, the Bears were among the four teams on Wilson’s list. And the Bears are very open to that.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears have prioritized trading for Wilson as they make their plans to upgrade at quarterback this offseason.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/05/report-bears-top-priority-at-qb-is-a-russell-wilson-trade/

The only problem is that Wilson is 3 months younger than Kirk.  While QBs certainly play longer than they used to, I'm not sure I'd want to invest 3 1st rd picks in a QB whose arm might fall off or will be more susceptible to injury shortly after those 1st rd picks are used by the other team.  

37 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

For Chicago, I think 3 1sts, a 2nd and maybe a player.

Wilson is a top 3 player at his position. He's worth that much. Maybe more!

Top 5 sure, but he isn’t better than Mahomes, Brady or Rodgers. Watson may be moving past him soon enough as well. 

Chicago would be smart to make a move if that’s somewhere Wilson wants to be.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Top 5 sure, but he isn’t better than Mahomes, Brady or Rodgers. Watson may be moving past him soon enough as well. 

At this point in their careers, I would take Wilson over Brady or Rodgers.  Just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

At this point in their careers, I would take Wilson over Brady or Rodgers.  Just my opinion.

Agreed.  I actually wouldn't put Brady in as a top-5 QB at this point.  If you're factoring in leadership, certainly.  But, as far as actual play, he's borderline in that conversation.  

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Some, obviously didn’t watch Wilson during the second half of the season. 

Yes...I saw Wilson in the 2nd half of the year...I also saw his offensive line getting manhandled against.  Wilson threw for more than 4600 yards.  DK Metcalf had over 1300 receiving yards. Tyler Lockette barely had 1,000 receiving yards.  They had no running game.  No effective TE. And Schottenheimer seemed lost as to how to adjust his play calling.  Even with those problems and the worst defense in the league, Seattle was 12-4 and made it to the playoffs.  Wilson is the main reason.  

If I were trying to build a franchise quickly, Russell Wilson would be who I'd want a quarterback.

Giving up three firsts for Wilson would be a great deal for whoever got him. That would be like stealing. I can't imagine Seattle letting him go that cheap. If they would, Chicago would be foolish to not jump at that. Wilson would instantly be the best QB that franchise has had since Sid Luckman. They've went through a lot of first round picks since then.

37 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Could be my own shortcoming, but I’m not a Wilson fan in terms of the man.

One of the very best QBs in the game, but not someone I’d mortgage my future for. 

I'm not mortgaging my future for the QB that he will be in the coming years.  He certainly is a great QB right now, but I don't personally think he's as good as he was 3 years ago  and I don't think he'll be as good in 3 years as he is now.    

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I think I have Brady as 4 currently (Can't remember) but otherwise I agree.