What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

12 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I burned the palm of my hand at my new job as a cook, thought a cast iron skillet was wrapped in a towel properly, and now it's got a nice blister.

I immediately ran cold water on it and try to keep it clean. Anything more that I can do? Should I pop the blister? I've heard mixed reviews about that...

Pop it with a rusty nail. Then sand it down. 

50 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I've heard you're not supposed to pop blisters too, but I always do and have never had any issues. Is it an infection thing? Or does it just heal better if left alone? @LETSGOBROWNIES

I believe it's an infection thing. If you pop it then the wound is open and susceptible to getting infected. If you don't pop it the skin is still doing it's job of protection. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I've heard you're not supposed to pop blisters too, but I always do and have never had any issues. Is it an infection thing? Or does it just heal better if left alone? @LETSGOBROWNIES

It's an infection thing.

That said, the first thing we'd do with any burn would be to pop the blister and cut away the skin. Of course those are larger burns and will be monitored by folks who know how to treat them.

Generally it won't make much of a difference as long as you keep the area clean, but in most cases leaving it alone will limit the chance of infection.

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

I believe it's an infection thing. If you pop it then the wound is open and susceptible to getting infected. If you don't pop it the skin is still doing it's job of protection. 

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's an infection thing.

That said, the first thing we'd do with any burn would be to pop the blister and cut away the skin. Of course those are larger burns and will be monitored by folks who know how to treat them.

Generally it won't make much of a difference as long as you keep the area clean, but in most cases leaving it alone will limit the chance of infection.

Good to know. I will continue treating my burns by popping the blister, cause infection isn't real. Y'all got the wool pulled over your eyes

• Like 1