What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

6 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Alright I need opinions here.

Would you rather work for a company:

OPTION A:

• Salaried ($45,000 but you live in the Portland area)
  • Work from home
  • PTO/Vacation days
  • Work 60+ hours a week managing people where there is high stress and little reward
  • Yearly raises are garbage (like 1-2%) and bonuses are even worse (like $500)

OPTION B:

• Hourly (draw vs. Commission where draw is $11.25/hour)
  • No benefits at all
  • Flexible hours and scheduling
  • Potential to make $4,000/month before taxes (so basically what you make now in the salaried position once taxes are accounted for)
  • significantly less stress
  • Your earnings are directly tied to how much you work and how much you sell certain products as well

Option A is the job my GF currently has. Option B is the personal trainer job she was just offered. I'm wondering, given those details, which one sounds more appealing to you.

A

15 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I have very good benefits at my job, but because we're not married I can't roll her into my health insurance I don't think.

Obvious answer is you’re forced to marry her so she can have a better job and benefits.

Sorry about that.

But does she qualify as a domestic partner? Idk???

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Obvious answer is you’re forced to marry her so she can have a better job and benefits.

Sorry about that.

But does she qualify as a domestic partner? Idk???

I have no idea. I don't even know how one goes about adding someone onto their health insurance.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

On an unrelated note my son has been trying to do the splits the last couple days. My daughter is in dance and tumbling and can do them so I just thought it was a weird deal he would get through. Last night while my son was getting ready for bed I head "OK USA" come from his room.

The kid somehow got my old Bloodsport DVD.

I remember those days.

When i was a kid, after watching a vam damme movie, me and my friends would go outside and karate kick the tire swing

Edited by Malfatron

12 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I have no idea. I don't even know how one goes about adding someone onto their health insurance.

Talk to your HR rep.

They are the people that handle your benefits.

For your company.

They work in an office title “Human Resources”.

They are knowledgeable about resources, for humans.  Specifically humans who work for the company that employs them.

;)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Alright I need opinions here.

Would you rather work for a company:

OPTION A:

• Salaried ($45,000 but you live in the Portland area)
  • Work from home
  • PTO/Vacation days
  • Work 60+ hours a week managing people where there is high stress and little reward
  • Yearly raises are garbage (like 1-2%) and bonuses are even worse (like $500)

OPTION B:

• Hourly (draw vs. Commission where draw is $11.25/hour)
  • No benefits at all
  • Flexible hours and scheduling
  • Potential to make $4,000/month before taxes (so basically what you make now in the salaried position once taxes are accounted for)
  • significantly less stress
  • Your earnings are directly tied to how much you work and how much you sell certain products as well

Option A is the job my GF currently has. Option B is the personal trainer job she was just offered. I'm wondering, given those details, which one sounds more appealing to you.

Something you should consider here that has huge value, especially in your 20's, is your GF's overall career aspirations. Do either of these jobs line her up for something better down the line?

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

21 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Something you should consider here that has huge value, especially in your 20's, is your GF's overall career aspirations. Do either of these jobs line her up for something better down the line?

Agreed. Gotta look long term bro.