What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

12 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

My favorite part is scheduling non-stop meetings to discuss lack of progress.

The real key is to schedule the meetings with people on the west coast, east coast, Asia, and Europe so it is as inconvenient as possible for everyone involved. Also throw in a sales guy or two that will be on their car speaker phone in rush hour traffic. Also one executive who knows nothing about the project but absolutely must make their advice known. Make it a recurring weekly meeting regardless of project status.

Keys to success.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

You're missing some steps

• Hold a meeting to kick off a project, and listen to everybody else figure out how to do it.
  • Set an unreasonable due date based on no knowledge of how long the work will actually take
  • Start sending emails requesting status before parts arrive, or it's even possible to start
  • Start sending emails to expedite the project
  • Ask how to help make things go faster, and then lose interest immediately because you have no clue on how the job works
  • Send more emails telling people to hurry
  • Send more emails, but now they say it's escalated to VP level
  • Send emails asking why it isn't done yet
  • Send a disingenuous email congratulating everybody on a job well done after the project completes

This sounds like every day my dad has ever talked about at his job.

Every meeting, all via WebEx.

“So let’s go ahead and get started.  This week our goa..”

*** beep ***

”Hi, who just joined?”

”Hi, this is Rick”.

”Hi Rick, we were just getting started.  So, as I was sayi...”

*** beep ***

”Hi who just joined?”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

*** beep ***

”Hi, who just joined?”

”Hi, this is Rick”.

*** beep ***

”Hi who just joined?”

The dude who made WebEx automatically turn your computer camera on is an actual psychopath.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

If you're a PM and you do this, shame on you. Furthermore, if you send meeting invites without an agenda or description of what's happening in said meeting, shame on you again.

Oh i just decline those meetings with a note saying "add an agenda and how i can help and i will be happy to attend".

No way i'm getting stuck in a 2 hr snoozefest or b****fest because the meeting organizer doesn't know how to run a meeting.

Agenda or I will decline.

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

*** beep ***

”Hi, who just joined?”

”Hi, this is Rick”.

*** beep ***

”Hi who just joined?”

"If you're not talking, can you go on mute?" 

Because there's actually people that don't mute themselves when they join a meeting. Looking at you loud angry typer idiot. Actually not looking at you because I still don't know who the hell you are and even if I did, I wouldn't know what you look like. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Because there's actually people that don't mute themselves when they join a meeting. Looking at you loud angry typer idiot. Actually not looking at you because I still don't know who the hell you are and even if I did, I wouldn't know what you look like. 

Oh man, if i'm the meeting organizer and you don't mute yourself, you better know i'm muting you.  And only i have the power to unmute you.

22 minutes ago, theJ said:

Oh i just decline those meetings with a note saying "add an agenda and how i can help and i will be happy to attend".

No way i'm getting stuck in a 2 hr snoozefest or b****fest because the meeting organizer doesn't know how to run a meeting.

Agenda or I will decline.

I don't have the heart/balls to say that to a Director when I'm an Analyst. It's so frustrating though. I went to a client site last year and they did it, too. PM would book like 5 meetings a day with no agenda or anything. We'd all get there and play a game where before she showed up we'd try to guess what the meeting was about.

OH, also, if you're a PM and you feel the need to instant message me to ask if you can call me to ask me a simple question that you could've asked over messenger - I hate you.

33 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

"If you're not talking, can you go on mute?" 

Bruh, you’re in my head right now.

Because there's actually people that don't mute themselves when they join a meeting. Looking at you loud angry typer idiot.

And shut your barking dog up too.

Actually not looking at you because I still don't know who the hell you are and even if I did, I wouldn't know what you look like. 

Absolutely true.

• Like 1