What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

42 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

"If you're not talking, can you go on mute?" 

Because there's actually people that don't mute themselves when they join a meeting. Looking at you loud angry typer idiot. Actually not looking at you because I still don't know who the hell you are and even if I did, I wouldn't know what you look like. 

Even better is the person who puts the call on hold so we all get to listen to hold music. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Read the personality of the director, because s/he may respect you more for giving that feedback if you can do it professionally.

Very true.  I came off a little glib in my post, but if someone upper level sends me a meeting request with no agenda or details, i still decline (or at least reply tentative).  My response usually says something more like "I am going to be very busy that day.  I can spare the time for this meeting, but before i plan to attend, can you please send me an agenda or more details so that i can be sure i'm needed for the whole meeting?"  Or something along those lines.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

This guy is....brash, to say the least. I really don't like him at all or his personality. 

Sometimes guys who are... rough around the edges respond better to a little bluntness back. In my experience, they tend to respect people that communicate on their wavelength (even though their wavelength isn't the best way to communicate).

I'd probably reply, "What are we going to be discussing?" See what happens.

He's not gonna fire you.*

*I take no responsibility if he fires you.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sometimes guys who are... rough around the edges respond better to a little bluntness back. In my experience, they tend to respect people that communicate on their wavelength (even though their wavelength isn't the best way to communicate).

I'd probably reply, "What are we going to be discussing?" See what happens.

He's not gonna fire you.*

*I take no responsibility if he fires you.

Yeah at some point I'm gonna have to because every single meeting that happens where I go into it blind, I'm already pissed off.