What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Here is another one

Just go with the one you like the look or material better, then get it altered to fit if you want it to be perfect.

This is more interesting. Hockerty doesn't show up in my Google search at all. I'll see what their delivery times to the UK are like.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Comments like these just validate my decision to cut cable 4 years ago...

I booted my satellite company last year. Only thing I watched was Sportscenter, WWE Raw, and Seinfeld rerunds. Most of the tv shows they have coming out today are awful. 

Edited by Jimmy Austin
  • Like 1

I just got back to work from a two week vacation.  Before i left a guy i was working for on a few projects expressed concern that some efforts wouldn't move forward while i was gone.

So i did the professional thing, stayed late, prepared all the necessary documents and sent all the emails.  I then emailed him with instructions on how to make sure things progressed while i was gone (email was shorter than this post, and basically just told him to follow up with two different people and forward one email).  It was 10 minutes worth of work.

I get back today.  Did he do any of those tasks?  Would i be here complaining if he did?

I swear, managing projects just amounts to telling people to do their jobs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you work with Project Managers? Because how to be a project manage is pretty much:

• Keep a spreadsheet
  • E-mail people to do their ******* jobs

I am a project manager.  And yes, i agree haha.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you work with Project Managers? Because how to be a project manage is pretty much:

• Keep a spreadsheet

Can confirm, am a project manager. Literally my entire job. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

• Keep a spreadsheet

You're missing some steps

• Hold a meeting to kick off a project, and listen to everybody else figure out how to do it.
  • Set an unreasonable due date based on no knowledge of how long the work will actually take
  • Start sending emails requesting status before parts arrive, or it's even possible to start
  • Start sending emails to expedite the project
  • Ask how to help make things go faster, and then lose interest immediately because you have no clue on how the job works
  • Send more emails telling people to hurry
  • Send more emails, but now they say it's escalated to VP level
  • Send emails asking why it isn't done yet
  • Send a disingenuous email congratulating everybody on a job well done after the project completes
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

• Hold a meeting to kick off a project, and listen to everybody else figure out how to do it.
  • Set an unreasonable due date based on no knowledge of how long the work will actually take
  • Start sending emails requesting status before parts arrive, or it's even possible to start
  • Ask how to help make things go faster, and then lose interest immediately because you have no clue on how the job works
  • Send a disingenuous email congratulating everybody on a job well done after the project completes

This is how I roll when I have to be a PM. I'm usually a Project Sponsor or Product Owner (Product Champion if you want to get fancy) but I'll do these things on the regular.

Director at my company sends a meeting invite to me yesterday. Subject was "<client abbreviation> Upgrade Script>". No email body. No description. No agenda. No nothing. Just that.

I get into the meeting, and all of a sudden halfway through I realize this guy just booked me on a project I had no idea about and now he's giving me marching orders without actually telling me I'm on a freaking project. I thought I was just reviewing something for him or something.

Now I'm on a project that I have no background about, didn't take notes on and literally zero idea what the overall goal/plan for the project is. And this is in addition to me already being 100% booked for 2 other clients as well. Lovely!

If you're a PM and you do this, shame on you. Furthermore, if you send meeting invites without an agenda or description of what's happening in said meeting, shame on you again.

58 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

My favorite part is scheduling non-stop meetings to discuss lack of progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

Hello fellow operations employee