What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

14 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I've been looking at condos lately and HOA fees are ridiculous. With the fees being what they are, I'd be better off just buying a more expensive single family home, but I don't want all that space like George Carlin talks about in that bit of his. 

Depends what is included for those fees.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Depends what is included for those fees.

Sanitation, Snow/Lawn Care, Outside Maintenance, Hazard Insurance, Water/Sewer, Building Exterior is the bare minimum they seem to all cover, and a lot of what I look like, that's all they offer. The prices for these range from $200 to $500. Some have a pool but I don't really care about that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Sanitation, Snow/Lawn Care, Outside Maintenance, Hazard Insurance, Water/Sewer, Building Exterior is the bare minimum they seem to all cover, and a lot of what I look like, that's all they offer. The prices for these range from $200 to $500. Some have a pool but I don't really care about that.

Yeah that’s pretty pricey for that.

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

$100-200 for lawn+snow+exterior maintenance is not bad at all. As someone with no HOA, I’d gladly pay that much to have that stuff taken care of. Water/sewer and garbage is generally 40-50 per month for me.

more than 300 without any other utilities or amenities is steep.

a single family home is MUCH harder and more expensive to maintain than a condo though, so it probably balances out. Over the last 7 years I’ve had to replace my furnace, AC, roof, windows, and half the floors. Probably over 20k and SO much time

41 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I've been looking at condos lately and HOA fees are ridiculous. With the fees being what they are, I'd be better off just buying a more expensive single family home, but I don't want all that space like George Carlin talks about in that bit of his. 

A home is just a place to hold your stuff while you go out and get more stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I'd never want an HOA. If I'm buying my home, I'll be damned if someone can tell me what I can or cannot do.

The value in an HOA is when they tell your crappy neighbors what they can and cannot do. I haven’t run into anything I wanted to do and couldn’t because of my HOA. They also maintain my yard for me.

3 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

I don’t get why, but Taco Bell is just as busy as Chick Fil A at dinner time around here. The lines rival In N Out in CA. I would understand 12am-2am, but people are actually going for dinner.

Yeah that’s gross. Taco Bell is drunk food. No exceptions.

50 minutes ago, Dome said:

The value in an HOA is when they tell your crappy neighbors what they can and cannot do. I haven’t run into anything I wanted to do and couldn’t because of my HOA. They also maintain my yard for me.

Yeah, most of the time condo associations are great. Only time its ever a problem is if you get some jerk on a power trip or if they don't do anything about the morons. Neither is a common occurrence from what I've seen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah, most of the time condo associations are great. Only time its ever a problem is if you get some jerk on a power trip or if they don't do anything about the morons. Neither is a common occurrence from what I've seen.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. My only experience with one was some jerk on a power trip harassing people because she had nothing better to do.